Found! Abandoned Mustang II!

Eos

Oh Heather Oh yeah... I want your pink taco
Jun 13, 2003
oklahoma
My friend and I found an abandoned mustang II today. It was just sitting at a boarded up gas station. The car is in very sad shape. It hasnt been sitting there for long but heres the condition of it. Some took a beer bottle and smashed part of the windshield, I dont think the windshield was previously broken until it wound up where it is. The hood is gone, and so are the motor and tranny, and about everything else under the hood. It's just a cleared out engine bay. Inside the car everything has been ripped out, but is just sitting in the car. The dash, instrument panals, everythings taken off but just sitting there. I got a vin number off the dash its F8F05F172997F I take it that it's a 78, but who knows if that is the original dash or not. The car has Mach 1 on both sides but I'm not sure if it's a real mach 1 or not. Did they make Mach 1's in 78?

Anyway, we went to the police station to let them know about the car. They couldn't even find that vin registered in the state of oklahoma. No one has reported it stolen, but they said if by the end of the day no one had claimed it by tomorrow then they would take it to the impound. I drove back by though on my way home today and there was an officer out there with another car, so I'm wondering if it got claimed or not.

I'll keep you all posted if I find out anything else about it. I was just wondering if there was a way anyone could find out anything about the car by its vin? IF that is it's real vin. :shrug: It's so sad, I hope someone claims it or buys it so it doesn't get shipped off to the crusher. :notnice:

• Sponsors (?)

fastmustangII said:
My friend and I found an abandoned mustang II today. It was just sitting at a boarded up gas station. The car is in very sad shape. It hasnt been sitting there for long but heres the condition of it. Some took a beer bottle and smashed part of the windshield, I dont think the windshield was previously broken until it wound up where it is. The hood is gone, and so are the motor and tranny, and about everything else under the hood. It's just a cleared out engine bay. Inside the car everything has been ripped out, but is just sitting in the car. The dash, instrument panals, everythings taken off but just sitting there. I got a vin number off the dash its F8F05F172997F I take it that it's a 78, but who knows if that is the original dash or not. The car has Mach 1 on both sides but I'm not sure if it's a real mach 1 or not. Did they make Mach 1's in 78?

Anyway, we went to the police station to let them know about the car. They couldn't even find that vin registered in the state of oklahoma. No one has reported it stolen, but they said if by the end of the day no one had claimed it by tomorrow then they would take it to the impound. I drove back by though on my way home today and there was an officer out there with another car, so I'm wondering if it got claimed or not.

I'll keep you all posted if I find out anything else about it. I was just wondering if there was a way anyone could find out anything about the car by its vin? IF that is it's real vin. :shrug: It's so sad, I hope someone claims it or buys it so it doesn't get shipped off to the crusher. :notnice:

Yes there were Machs in 78 and I would say that is the right VIN for a 78 Mach 1.
8F05F- it is a 78 V-8 car( 8-78, F05- 3 door Mach 1, F engine code)- same as mine, consec number is 172997. the 2 cursive F's on the vin plate before and after the number just show that it is a Ford Vin plate.