Found my next mustang

5.0Droptop

...all those nights we shared, and you're a dude??
Special Agent Mukity-Muck Whats in Charge Round Here
May 15, 2002
Indiana
I havent posted about this here because i wanted to make sure it is a done deal before I post about it. I am picking it up next week.

The car is an 87 coupe. The bad part is it has rust in the floors and some in shock towers and body rust on the passinger 1/4.

The car has the following:

FMS 3.73 Gears
Auburn Pro Diff
SS Off Road H
flows with lx tails chrome tips.
Pete Jackson Gear driveTiming set
FMS Under drive pulleys
93 E7 Ported and polished heads
Ported lower intake
New ball joints
3 core FMS radiator
Mac 1 5/8" equal length shorty headers
Hi vol oil pump and heavy duty fms oil pump shaft
KB Super sub frame conns.
Canton Windage tray/crank scraper
FMS oil pan
65 mm edelbrock TB and EGR
Pro 5.0 shifter
South Side mach lower lift bars
March ram air kit
2 new lx tail lights
2 new head lamp assys
bbk lowering springs
new front motorsports sway bar
cross drilled rotors up front
new brakes all around with ceramic pads and shoes
msd blaster coil
new tie rod ends
Rebuilt T5 with D&D super alloy gear sets (1500.00) Just rebuilt
New King cobra clutch
New billet steel flywheel
New FMS alum drive shaft
New AGX adjustable shocks and struts
New summit racing Aluminum wheels and MT 255-50-15 drags on rear, new skinnies on front
New wheel locks
New steeda adj clutch quadrant and cable
New plugs wires etc
Short belt no smog pump
New alternater
new battery
new tfi moduel
new msd cap and rotor
msd pro billet dizzy

Always mobil 1 syn oil with k&n filter every 3-4k in engine
Redline in t5
Kendal syn blend with friction mod in rear diff

Dosent smoke or leak or use any fuids car is clean in side and out.
factory 5.0 5 speed with no ac and no power windows.

Car has had 3 owners since 1993 and 2 of the owners were the same person he sold it and bought it back.

Comes with a folder about an inch thick with just about every receipt for oil changes, parts, etc etc etc.. and some aditional stock parts.

As you can see from the list above the car has had alot of $ put into it. The drive train is solid. I plan to drive the car this summer and then determine if I can fix the rust or if I am going to swap everything over to a roller. Hopefully it can be saved.

I am giving 3000.00 for the car. He has a reciept for 1500.00 from D&D where he had the t5 rebuilt. If you add up all the parts its worth 3000.00 easy. He was asking 5k and I drove 2.5 hrs to see the car and when I jacked it up and looked at the tq boxes etc I told him I didnt want it. He came down to 3k I offered 2500 he said no, so I drove back home. After him emailing me and explaining he was unaware of the actual condition of the car ( which is true) He sent me pics of all the areas that I showed him and said if anyone asks he will show them the pics before they come out. We talked again on the phone and I decided to buy it for 3k.... The plan was to imediatly swap it all to a roller but if I can fix it I will.

Heres a few pics.

View attachment 217834

View attachment 217835

View attachment 217836

View attachment 217837

View attachment 217838

View attachment 217839

View attachment 217840

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah!!!

We had some finacial priorites that needed worked out. I had to sell my 93 to help with that. Now all of that is behind us, so I am able to get back to my favorite hobby. I looked at verts and hatches but I already have had a reallly nice vert and a very fast gt hatch so I decided I wanted a coupe. When I found this car I was all excited to buy it then I found the rust and decided not to do it. But after thinking it all over, I realized the car has everything I wanted.

even if you have to swap it all to a roller, thats allot of goodes for 3 grand. the trans is half of it, then all the other stuff easily makes 1.5k. and its got a nice grey interior and nice wheels/tail lights, headlights

3k is a good deal.

but who puts 1500 bucks into a t5?

i would have if i didn't live 2 hours away from astro performance. :shrug: i got a solid built T5 with the Zspec ratios, for 1050, add freight +300, and then take into consideration i got 75 bucks credit and he didnt make me pay to have the input shaft resurfaced (100 bucks) 1500 for a solid built T5 is a good deal. :shrug: