Found this old pic

I posted this along with my othercars in the Beaters thread on Tech. I thought you guys would get a kick out of the car I drove for a winter. As bad as this thing looks, it ran so good. No front springs, windows didn't go down, hatch didn't open, lights were connected to ignition, so they were on when the car was running. No exhaust, just a open header and a flex tube.

I will drive anything to keep my stang out of the snow and salt. Best 250 bucks I ever spent.

LET THE COMMENTS FLY........

803618_61_full.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

HISSIN50 said:
Shane, it snows in San Diego? :confused:

I lived in Connecticut at the time. I was so broke it was sad. I was so hard up for a car, I would have driven anything. Turns out anyTHING was all I could afford. I am just one of those people who can't drive my car in snow. Rain I could live with, but salt and snow - hell no.

I go orders to San Deigo in June 03, I got the heck out there. I love 60 degree X-mas. People always ask if I miss the snow. NONONONO

mootang said:
I would buy that thing from you right now if You still had it and i actually had a place to park it.

what the hell is it anyway?

It is some kinda of Honda. Not sure what it is call. I had to get front brake pads for it, and I went through like 6 sets, and none fit. I finally got the ones that were the closest, and dremeled them to make them fit. This was the biggest POS in the world, but man did it run. 5500rpm in 5th would get you 85 on the freeway. Took a few minutes, but it was possible. Great in the snow, boomin system. I was so embarrased to drive on the Navy base with this. Everyone knew I had the Stang though, so I never really got dissed. They knew whay I was doing.

Engel said:
that car just plain rocks

how much hp did the flames add?

Flames were just covering up some rust. The rust didn't match the primer gray exterior. Thought we would try to put some flames on her. Nothing like krylon.

Funny thing is, I kept having to put a quart of oil in every month. Didn't leak out, so I guess it just burned. Got something like 28 mpg. Couldn't complain about that.

Makes me laugh everytime I look at it.