FOUR EYE STUPIDITY

Swapping a 351c into an 85 4 eye

Now im no jabroni with tons of cash, car is garbage and the motor isn't. The hottest in town

I'm not going for maximum power
Not maximum cool factor

Simply putting big motor into small hole

Couple of questions
I'm using the t5 still what do I need to get to match we up to the 351c I've read mixed things
Anyone have a oil pan for the cheap or recommend one. I'm not lowering the k member or anything extra like that.

Also the car is getting turned into a rally car so aif anyone knows what kinda springs/struts I can throw under her to raise her up thatd be cool

Thanks gents
-dumbguy

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Attachments

• received_137153800772827.jpeg
    received_137153800772827.jpeg
    160.5 KB · Views: 120
the C has a different bolt pattern for the bell. I don't know that there is a bell that would work. You'd probably have to use one of the SROD bells and run a tremec.

Also neglected to mention since we sold Our shop most cars went to the home garage so I'm doing this swap in a storage unit

Surprised they let you work in the unit. I know when I kept my car in one a few years back they were big on making sure people weren't working on cars that were stored in there. I did it anyway...but small things

If it's an actual 351C I'm pretty sure the 5.0 bell will physically fit - I don't know anything about what flywheels would work or anything for sure, but the Clevelands had the same bell bolt pattern as the Windsors. The 351M and 400M, however, are a different story.....

You are going to have to google hard. A 351C has been put in a Foxbody several times, but it's a rare swap. People don't have answers right off the top of their head. I just googled "351C in foxbody" and the top 5 listings were build questions or build threads.

urt

It is another one of those “ that sht don make no sense” swaps when the other criteria indicates “ as cheaply as possible”.

A Cleveland has NEVER been a cheap engine to consider,..even when they are free. Different everything, poor flowing low RPM heads,.( intake, cam, balancer, distributor, timing chain,) .requiring stupid swap headers that are like 2” primaries and assembled with flat inline collectors..and an equally obscure double sump oil pan.

it’s just too stupid to consider.....May as well put a JDM 2jz in it and custom build a pan and transmission adapter.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user
I like this guy. Self-aware username, bat:poo: crazy project, no attitude problem...

Any way I can help, lemme know.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Point me in the direction of that thread please, lol

Reactions: 2 users