Four Eyed Fox Dash

• Sponsors (?)

........and I'm back...

My '86 GT pervertible:

86GTdash.jpg

My '80 Capri. Yes, you read that right. :(:

90Mustangdash.jpg

I still say we need to hunt you down a 90+ steering wheel and a fake airbag for that thing one of these days ... or at least a Grant wheel. That 87-89 wheel just looks funky on that 90+ column.

Oh, and a rubber pad for your clutch pedal... :D

I'd actually like to find an '89 or older steering column and a Grant steering wheel or something. I don't want an airbag wheel, but, I imagine it would be more of a PITA to replace the column than the steering wheel. :(

LOL, I can't drive barefoot anymore because of the missing pad on my clutch pedal. :lol:

Yeah, a column swap on the Capri would be ... ummm ... challenging, to say the least. Besides, steering wheel covers fit better on the 90+ wheels than the '87-'89 wheels. :)

Which reminds me ... I keep forgetting to put on a new high-performance supa-dupa-fly sock on the TurdBird's shifter. The brown yuppie-dude sock is grossing me out...

Btw, your 'vert's dash would look a lot better with a bit o' cleaning and minus that cover ... and with an added set of gauges. ;)

EDIT: Hey! Where'd that leather wheel cover I put on the Capri go? :scratch:

'85-86 dash in tan is my favorite, even over black. If you've ever seen one in mint condition you'd know what i mean....they look so different that they almost look exotic, like the leather in an old sports car. Other than that they of course look badass in black. Mine is blue, and i've got a GT dash plate to add a little extra to it.

Ditto here on the '86 steering wheel. Was it the '85 GT's that had the three-spoke wheel, or am I thinking of the SVO wheel? Those were sweet...

Yeah they were essentially the same as the SVO, but there were 2 versions. The GT version had simulated leather stitching around the inner parts of the spokes, whereas the LX did not. Also the GT had a round plate type of thing in the middle that said GT, and the LX has no round plate thing and just has a Ford emblem. In contrast, the Capris had a round thing and the Mercury cat head in the middle.

Yeah they were essentially the same as the SVO, but there were 2 versions. The GT version had simulated leather stitching around the inner parts of the spokes, whereas the LX did not. Also the GT had a round plate type of thing in the middle that said GT, and the LX has no round plate thing and just has a Ford emblem. In contrast, the Capris had a round thing and the Mercury cat head in the middle.

If you turn the GT steering wheel upside down it looks like a giant happy face.