Four Hood Pins

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like it'd be easier than fabricating new brackets and everything.

Only question I would have about that would be, how do you align the hood to keep it from looking crooked when your rear mounts aren't in a fixed position? :scratch:

I made sure everything was lined up, it just worked for me. Hopefully I will be able to take pictures tomorrow. I used roofing brackets believe it or not. They were clean and simple, also perfect for what I was looking for.

i have 4 pins on the stang i just bought and its annoying as hell. everytime you want to look under the hood even if its just to check the oil, you have to take the whole hood off. only thing i like about it is the fact that i can just drive it without the hood if need be. lol

At least you'd never have to worry about bumping your head on the hood while working on the motor. :D

Unless you don't mind unhooking four pins at a time and setting the hood aside (or on the roof, if you have something laid over it to keep it from scratching ... or you just don't care about the paint), this obviously isn't something someone should be doing to a daily-driven car. Sure, pin-on hoods are cheaper than bolt-ons, but you have to be able to justify the extra hassle that comes with that lower cost.

On my Notch ... eh, maybe, since it's only a weekend toy, and I'm forever confined by the limitations of a ghetto budget. But on my '84? Hell no. It'd be my luck, I'd go to take off the hood, a heavy gust of wind would catch it, and I'd either drop the hood or swing it over and damage something else on the car. :doh: