Fox body info

randomjoker

Sep 12, 2003
Oklahoma
I am now looking at fox body mustangs.. theres rarely any 94-95' GT's around my area... but alot of fox body's so I wanna learn more about these cars just incase i end up buying one instead of the 94 or 95's.... any good information/pic sites or any out of the oridinary things about this style that you guys could explain...

• Sponsors (?)

Uh, not sure what you want to know...I think they look nicer than SN95s, but of course that's my opinion. Bad brakes, bad suspension, bad gas mileage, weak tranny, flexible body, useless glove compartment...add to that 12 years of neglect and buying a fox bodied mustang may seem kinda scary.
On the flip side, it has great big balls when you punch it, parts are cheap and plentiful, you can upgrade the brakes, firm up the suspension, beef up the tranny and fix up all the broken and faded parts....

The only thing on the road right now that I would trade my 92 in for right would be a Cobra, or a Lightning. (When I say trade it, I mean buy myself. OF COURSE I would trade it for a 911 Turbo, GT40, Lambo etc if money was no object)

The brakes arent nearly as bad as there made out to be, only in the rain I've noticed they lock up easy when you hit them hard. However that could be due mostly to my nearly bald front tires.

The T5 tranny should be fine as long as you dont powershift of beat the living crap out of it everytime you drive. There's a lot of guys who have run 12's and 11's even on T5's in my area for quite some time and still going strong. Just make sure they dont grind when engaging or make any whinning noises when you buy the car and you should be fine.

Just had to add my 2 cents.

Flexible bodies can be fixed with subframe connectors, if your gonna drive frequently drive aggresive I would have a pair welded in.

the 93's have hypereutectic pistons. earlier models had forged pistons. i think the torque rating went up on T5's around '90 or so -im sure someone knows.
some little differences throughout the years. try searching in here. there have been a lot of threads on the differences with info links.

were i to do it again, i would likely look for a 92 (though i think some late 92's had hyper pistons. something to check). again, someone else will know for sure.

you should find a fox for a lot cheaper than a SN95. i was gonna pick up an SN95 to replace another car, but they are still pricey (for me) around here compard to the foxes.
good luck. you will enjoy.