Slumone

May 7, 2019
I remember a few years ago searching online at anything Fox related and I came across a vender that had a metal center console latch piece, what LMR calls a center console trim panel (only theirs is plastic). Now when I search I come up empty. Has anyone else seen this/used this or seen it used? I would consider that the second weakest part of the center console and I would rather only replace it the once.

• Sponsors (?)

This is the piece I am talking about but I found it in metal once. Image is from the LMR site. I find the latch section broken on many of these cars.
lrs-06024n-k_e2d44f96.jpg

I haven't seen the metal one in a loooooooong time. This post really brings me back.

I have the LRS one in my car for the last 2 years. Still doing fine, but I make sure when I open and close the console I press the button first rather than slam it down

I currently have the entire center console out and have driven it that way the past two summers. Kind of used to it and am rather fond of the lack of plastic rubbing sounds, but when I finally get around to putting the full interior back together, the center console will go back in as I want that armrest back. I snagged a ton of sticky backed felt tabs off a 90's dodge from a junkyard trip I took a few years back, hoping that will sort the squeaks.

I had a one of those deletes on my notch and hated not having a place for my arm. Those take some getting used to for sure.
I think it depends on how someone uses the car.
For a daily driver, i'd say you have to have the armrest.
Probably for someone who has an automatic too.
But since i rarely take any more than a 5-10 minute highway ride and most around town time has alot of shifting gear, i'm good with just resting my had on the shifter.
I certainly don't miss the shakes and rattles of the armrest.
Last time my latch broke, i was done with that thing, i let it rip at stop light, banged second gear, the armrest flew up, broke the latch and dumped my stuff in the back seat and that was the final straw for me.

I could that happening 2000. Most of the time I just like to cruise, so the armrest comes in handy. I don’t think I’ve ever knocked it open with my elbow though.

I could that happening 2000. Most of the time I just like to cruise, so the armrest comes in handy. I don’t think I’ve ever knocked it open with my elbow though.
Wasn't my elbow.
About 65 degrees, very sunny, warm tires, warm fresh pavement, it was like the perfect storm of power and hooking for my car at a stoplight.
In all fairness to the armrest, my wifes head flew back hit the headrest and her sunglasses (which were on her head, not her face) flew into the backseat. I've pretty much driven alone since then, lol.

Something about the clean look and no rattles or stupid latch, makes the delete more accepted for me. Even if for some brief periods of time I do get confused on what to do with my arm.

Reactions: 1 user