Fox LX to GT conversion...

HighMileageVert

Feb 3, 2004
So I've been searching around for a while, and I'm not really sure on this...

I've got a '90 convertible LX, and I think I'd like a body kit on it before I get it painted. I like the look of cervini's kits, but they say they screw into the inner fender wells and use tape for the rest; wouldn't this end up looking like crap after a while, from sagging, etc.? Or could that be solved with a little better adhesive, like an industrial strength glue?

So I was thinking a GT conversion would look great and last longer; what all would be involved? I'm sure I could pick up a GT bumper, side skirts, etc., from a junkyard; would they just bolt right in?

• Sponsors (?)

I have a friend with the Cervinis Saleen kit and it looks great! He has had it for about a year and there is no sagging or anything, if thats what your worried about tho I am sure you could use some strong glue too. Think about it though, arent your side moldings just on with that double sided foam from 3M too??? I personally love the saleen kit more then a GT body kit and if your going to spend the money do you really want to spend it so you can just look like half the other fox's out there??? Well good luck and let me see some pictures when your done!

-Dan

As long as the surface which you are attaching the tape to is propperly prepped, you will not have a problem. That is exactly how Saleen attached their ground effects and 15 years later, no problems.

Thanks for the quick replys guys; I'll probably be waiting a month or so on the paintjob (tax refund)

So I was browsing Cervini's web site....djk8705, did you mean the cobra kit (I couldn't find a saleen kit on their site)? It says that it requires GT door moldings....how tough would those be to acquire, and more importantly, install? Same question for the bumpers.

If you just look at all of the things for your car it should say "4 piece kit" or somthin like that. Its not labeled "sallen..." or anything like that. Also I am pretty sure the "gt door moldings" are just the little side body kit looking things right infront of the front wheels that touch the front bumper, they are also for sale on www.50resto.com Just check those things out.

-Dan

3M double sided tape is the best. The new Nissan altimas' side skirts are held on by 3m double sided tape. Dont worry about the tape, it works really well. Just make sure that the surface your putting the kit onto is as clean as you can get it.

HighMileageVert said:
So I was browsing Cervini's web site....djk8705, did you mean the cobra kit (I couldn't find a saleen kit on their site)? It says that it requires GT door moldings....how tough would those be to acquire, and more importantly, install? Same question for the bumpers.
The Cervini's 4 piece ground effects kit is correct. The side skirts and rear valance are very very similar to Saleens, would be hard to tell them apart. The front air dam is styled like the Saleen but a little more squared up around the openings, not as smoothe. I don't really like it as much as a real Saleen air dam.

You would not need the GT door moldings if you got the 4 piece kit. It would need LX moldings.