Fox Mustangs..........In the future

88GT17MA

Nov 1, 2004
Looking for opinions:

In about 20 years from now, lets just say year 2030. Roughly 50 years old, which is comparable to alot of older chevelles and mustangs that exist today.

What do you think the value of foxes is going to be. (ball park range)

Value for notchbacks unmolested, stock.

Value for notchbacks (4cyl swap)

Value for hatchbacks unmolested, stock.

Value for hatchbacks (4cyl swap)

Value for hatchback GT's unmolested, stock.

I figured the modified foxes are to hard to judge since the range of what a modified mustang could be is so vast.

Just curious, I know there are many variations of the foxbody, but what do you guys think?

• Sponsors (?)

in my area, CLEAN 4 banger notches (no V8 swap yet) go for around 2-3k :)

Think of it this way, how much would you pay for a fully restored and very purdy 66 Mustang coupe with a 289 but the VIN indicates the car used to be a 6 banger?

in my area, CLEAN 4 banger notches (no V8 swap yet) go for around 2-3k :)

Think of it this way, how much would you pay for a fully restored and very purdy 66 Mustang coupe with a 289 but the VIN indicates the car used to be a 6 banger?

fully restored, perfect condition, and money was no object? who cares what the vin says id pay 15k+...

Mine is a 4cyl to v8 swap, salvage title because it was wrecked in the front. I debated fixing, because I told myself it woudn't be worth anything. Well, 6 months of debating I said F-it, I'm not doing this to sell, I'm doing it for me.

I stripped it, painted it black, fixed the front damaged with used OEM Ford parts, and put in a 5.0L 5spd. Changed it to 5 lug and it is amazing now. Everybody that sees the before and after pics hanging on the wall at my work, asks HOW MUCH?? And not one person cared about the VIN or the title. I have had legit offers of 8500 and refused the sale. A notch is a notch and there aren't many around like mine......