Fox sun visors - vert VS notch/hatch?

Darkwriter77

Resident Ranting Negative Nancy
5 Year Member
Jul 1, 2005
Apache Junction, AZ
Picked up a pair of brand new vinyl sun visors at WFC9 for $50 a pair. Didn't give 'em as close a look as I suppose I should have. Went to go install 'em today, only to find that ... 1.There's no hole to insert the hanger rod into it on either end, and 2. There's no place for the other (center-most) hanger to clip onto it. WTF? :bang:

How, exactly, do verts mount these things on, if there's no hole for the rod to poke in? Do they just clamp hold of it somehow? ... or do I have to cut a hole in one end and slide 'er on through there? It feels like there's a metal tube inside like my tattered, torn and crumbling old factory visors have, but I'm hesitant to go cutting on these things if it turns out I'm gonna have to turn around and sell/trade 'em off for some proper ones. Anyone got a pic or something of how a convertible's sun visor mounts, if it's different in any way?

Only thing I expected to be an issue was the fact that there's no vanity mirror on either of these, and that the factory power lead for the mirror just unplugs and can be tucked away up above the top-end frame rail. I hate not being able to play with my new toys right away... :(

• Sponsors (?)

(Sorry for the delayed reply - thread got kinda buried a page or so back.)

Thanks for the pics - I was wondering how the heck they clipped on the other side without a bracket of any sort. Looks like I'll either have to live without the center-most retainer clip and just mod them to work with my existing brackets - looks like all I need to do is cut a lil' slit in each end to poke it through - or just hope that a convertible turns up at one of the local junkyards so I can scavenge some bits from it.

Thanks again.