Fox Turbo Kit In A Capri?

Darion Misner

Mar 19, 2015
Hi, this might sound like a stupid question because I'm kind of new to cars and I plan on purchasing a fox body in the near future as a project/hobby car. I've been looking at both mustangs and capris, and I've read a lot of info stating that the guts of a fox body mustang and a capri are identical, with slight differences. If I did purchase a fox body, I would plan on installing a turbo eventually, which brought me to wonder, can a bolt-on mustang turbo kit be installed into a same-year capri with no modification or fabrication? Sorry if it sounds uneducated, I've never really done any major work on cars before

• Sponsors(?)

Mustang5L5

Put lubricant all over the balls
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
Well, Capris were only built until 1986, and the only year to receive fuel injection was 1986. So your best starting point would be to buy a 1986 Capri, and there were only 20,000 1986 Capri's built, and perhaps 1/4 of those had the 5.0 EFI

You can swap an EFI motor into an earlier capri, but now your project complexity has increased.

You can turbo a carbed car...but the kits aren't as plentiful as the ones for the EFI cars.

rbohm

SN Certified Technician
Apr 12, 2002
tucson,az
while the capri was only built until 1986, everything is the same essentially, so if you want to turbo and EFI the capri, find a donor mustang and make the swap happen.