Foxbody Cage Pics(Post Some Pics)

• Sponsors (?)

06120719451.jpg

The swing out side bars are not installed in this pic, only use them at the track.

one we did a while back!

alot of the restrictions were from the customer preference. I would have built a track cage differently, but he wanted more of a street car.

_1-465x315.jpg

89stamg_033-435x322.jpg

89stamg_019.jpg

this is a TIG welded removable harness bar!

89stamg_030.jpg

89stamg_028.jpg

Jason

If you have a cage like that does it get in the way of your mirror? Also, does the bar that goes to the foor by your feet get in the way? Is it possible to put the cage under that interior? Like the rear hoop can it be behind the molding? Also where does it go through the dash?

If you have a cage like that does it get in the way of your mirror? Also, does the bar that goes to the foor by your feet get in the way? Is it possible to put the cage under that interior? Like the rear hoop can it be behind the molding? Also where does it go through the dash?

it does get in the way a little, but the added rigity of the structure is worth it. There is only a few deg. of visibility lost. as for the bottom, the feet area is just fine, i have delt with other cage setups that are much worse and really get in the way. The bar is tucked very low in the chassis.

89stamg_031.jpg

It is possible to put the cage into the interior but it will require more time and time is money. The reason for the gap on the a-pillar is because if we were to bend it more to fit the bodyline then the strength of that bar decreases. we tuck our cages as close as we can without major trimming unless the customer wants us to cut into the body.

this is what the dast looks like.

random_stuff_004.jpg

random_stuff_005.jpg

Jason

im pretty sure they are just the Autopower cages that they sell under thier own name. I do not suggest thier stuff because i feel as though its unsafe. At the least i would add additional plate under the cage and weld the entire structure into the cahssis. When you go to bolt it in i do suggest that you clean off all the powdercoat or paint from the mounts expecially the underside so that the welder can get the proper penetration needed. If the welded just welds it with out taking the mounts up and cleaning under them then i suggest you run! That is a clear indication that he does not know how to weld to cage quality.

Jason

If you pain the cage before you have it welded in....the tubing WILL get hot enough and start melting the paint get it all welded in.....take your interior out, tape off the widows and prime, paint and clearcoat it!