Foxbody owner again!

VacFink

May 1, 2018
Colorado
Thought I'd join the community. I've been surfing the site for direction to resolve a cold start stumble and backfire. Car's new to me, but adult owned well cared for 195k mile 5.0 hatch, AT.

Passed the problem off to a local shop that works on my other car, no luck yet. Runs fine after warm but rich.

Previous owner replaced exhaust including cats, new BBK 70 with cold air, MAF, shop tested and swapped out MAF, Coil, compression check, exhaust and collant sensor checked for vacuum leaks.... who know's what else at this point.

Lots of good advice here. Glad to be part of the community.

Whenever we get a bead on it, I'll share the outcome, seems to be a standard problem for 5.0's but a wild range of causes.

• Sponsors (?)

there is a technical/how to forum with stuff that will help you resolve problems with these old cars. Look for surging idle checklist and the cranks but no start checklist, these to will show you how to diagnose and fix 99% of the problems we encounter, it save time and money. Also shows you how to check for codes, you can have codes without the check engine light on, what codes did the repair shop find on your car? If they tell you the check engine light was not on then give them the surging idle checklist