Drivetrain Foxbody Rear End Maxed Out

Bryant Magana

Feb 25, 2018
I have a 89 foxbody On Rear True coilovers and it has been sitting for a couple months while I put new parts in and when I went out to go look at it I noticed my passenger rear quarter panel is laying on my wheel. I have new upper control arms, tubular lower control arms, upper and lower torque box reinforcments and subframe
connecters as well as new rear end carrier bushings. does anyone know why this sudden change? I adjusted my coil over on that side to max ride height and still sits really low

• Sponsors (?)

I have a 89 foxbody On Rear True coilovers and it has been sitting for a couple months while I put new parts in and when I went out to go look at it I noticed my passenger rear quarter panel is laying on my wheel. I have new upper control arms, tubular lower control arms, upper and lower torque box reinforcments and subframe
connecters as well as new rear end carrier bushings. does anyone know why this sudden change? I adjusted my coil over on that side to max ride height and still sits really low
I even switched coilovers side to side aswell as wheels and same issue really low on one side

Measure the length of both coil overs and while you are there inspect your torque boxes and where the coil over mounts to the body, that area of the body was not designed to carry weight, that is where I would start looking.

Measure the length of both coil overs and while you are there inspect your torque boxes and where the coil over mounts to the body, that area of the body was not designed to carry weight, that is where I would start looking.
Thank you! Coilovers are equal, torque boxes aren't ripped out. and coilover mounts seem fine. Lost on to why this happened so randomly. I know my passenger front was a little higher than my driver front by an inch so i lowered it to match but I don't think that would cause this much of an issue to my passenger rear? i just maxed my coilover in length and got an little less than half of inch gap between my quarter and wheel. Not sure why this randomly happen? it used to sit higher perfectly. was wondering if a bad subframe connecter install maybe caused this? even if it was fine for a year. not sure

Are suspension mount points how they should be (nothing broken or collapsed)? Is the coil-over mount collapsed or damaged? Are the coil-overs adjusted the same (or essentially the same)?

Pics of the condition? Pics of the suspension mount points?

Subframe connector would have nothing to do with rear suspension (unless your chassis is so rotted and broken that the SFC are holding everything together - I assume your chassis is in good condition if you went the effort to install torque box reinforcement).

Are suspension mount points how they should be (nothing broken or collapsed)? Is the coil-over mount collapsed or damaged? Are the coil-overs adjusted the same (or essentially the same)?

Pics of the condition? Pics of the suspension mount points?

Subframe connector would have nothing to do with rear suspension (unless your chassis is so rotted and broken that the SFC are holding everything together - I assume your chassis is in good condition if you went the effort to install torque box reinforcement).

this is what i have to do to get them even. the passenger side rear is raised almost to max and sits just as low as the other side..

Attachments

• 1D67278E-884C-4B77-B524-CBD0676C8908.jpeg
    1D67278E-884C-4B77-B524-CBD0676C8908.jpeg
    291 KB · Views: 184
  • D9AEC36A-F90F-48CD-B042-06DEFC9C378C.jpeg
    D9AEC36A-F90F-48CD-B042-06DEFC9C378C.jpeg
    265.6 KB · Views: 184
Passenger Rear & Driver Rear. Driver does not rub. Passenger rubs.

Attachments

• 371C07A9-1DF6-4C51-9E11-6844404B881E.jpeg
    371C07A9-1DF6-4C51-9E11-6844404B881E.jpeg
    309.3 KB · Views: 158
  • 5B610F0D-339B-4307-939F-E2F18ABC8C9C.jpeg
    5B610F0D-339B-4307-939F-E2F18ABC8C9C.jpeg
    359.6 KB · Views: 151