Foxbody Sn Conversion Issue..rear Calipers

G00nies

Nov 7, 2014
Can't seem to get the rear caliper brackets to clear the COBRA rotors....They seem to shallow, can't bolt them onto the axle.

Attachments

• IMG_0944.JPG
    IMG_0944.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_0945.JPG
    IMG_0945.JPG
    117.7 KB · Views: 129
  • Sponsors (?)

You possibly have the Gt/V6 version of the axle bracket. Did you buy those as part of the M-2300-M kit, or used?

Pics of the other parts you are usuing? Usually the Cobra anti-moan brackets will say "Cobra" or "Cobra LH or RH"

You possibly have the Gt/V6 version of the axle bracket. Did you buy those as part of the M-2300-M kit, or used?

Pics of the other parts you are usuing? Usually the Cobra anti-moan brackets will say "Cobra" or "Cobra LH or RH"

i ACTUALLY BOUGHT A 98 gt REAR AXLE AND GUTTED IT. These brakes parts are s[pecifically for a 98 cobra. Looks like the caliper mount bracket(on axle) is different than what I wouldneed to mount the cobra rear up. Is there an alternative?
An aftermarket bracket available? Id rather keep the COBRA rears and not go to a standard rear caliper.

Is there something that I could possibly fabricate? I looked on ebay and the cost of the cobra anti-moan brackets are super expensive, not willing to go there.
Looks like a standard GT rear setup is gonna be the most likely outcome.

Unfortunately you'll need the Cobra axle bracket and anti-moans.

You can use the cobra caliper with the thinner GT/V6 rotor. Really all you need here are a set of the base model rotors.

Do you have cobra rear calipers or gt? Main difference is the support bar on the cobra and a wider rotor groove. You can run cobra calipers on the GT stuff, but not the other way around. The actual caliper is the same, and the cobra pads are just GT pads with a little less material on them for the wider rotor

http://s240.photobucket.com/user/hdavis3_bucket/media/21_cal_comparsn.jpg.html

Last edited: