Build Thread Enola- Finishing touches

• Sponsors (?)

Aww yeaaaah! Old engine out, new engine in, unforeseen obstacles overcome, delicious bbq consumed, and good times hanging out with Steve and JR. Today was a good day! :D

The motor looks so great in there and sounded even better. @General karthief JR, I wish you had gotten that nap in and got to hear her purr ;) Congrats on a truly unique and awesome build Steve, I'm so glad I got to be a part of it and see the Frankenstang in person! :cheers:

C201F084-8702-40A3-A829-8E2CB020D7EE.jpeg

Man that’s cool looking

Pretty damn cool " farmer " Steve. That thing sounds good.... and looks good too !!!

With my move my car should be done a lot quicker. Waiting to get wifi. It seems like forever.

Can't wait to see your vehicle rolling down the road. You are trophy bound, sir :hail:

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
To the OP, that is the darndest thing I've ever seen done on a Mustang swap. What is the appeal of this engine swap over an aluminum block LS? Was this just a case of, "hey, that M112 ain't doin' nuthin' on the floor, why don't we stick it in the 'stang?

To the OP, that is the darndest thing I've ever seen done on a Mustang swap. What is the appeal of this engine swap over an aluminum block LS? Was this just a case of, "hey, that M112 ain't doin' nuthin' on the floor, why don't we stick it in the 'stang?

I'm not the OP....but....he successfully built something different....and it runs. Anyone can throw an LS in something....but you need a transmission, too. When you pop the hood everyone would say, " cool, another LS swapped fox "....instead of " oh my god ! How the hell did you do that ? Is this a kit ? You made it yourself ? It's beautiful... wow... all that work....and it's a Ford small block. What did you do to the engine ? " ....question after question = greatness. No one asks questions about LS engines sitting in foxes anymore.

I don't think, Steve, is on a power quest. More like a fabrication and cool quest...with challenges that don't have quick answers and need a unique skill set to accomplish.

Just seems like I heard a bit of sarcasm in your questioning ( I could be wrong ).

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 4 users
This is not an engine swap, this is a custom M112 blower build on a SBF. the engine is a 306 CID SBF with a custom intake manifold made by yours truly. Why would i want to do what everyone else does? LS swaps are cool and make good power but how does that make it different from what everyone else is doing?

I like to go the road less traveled I have seen other PD blower swaps done on SBF but i dont think any of them look or perform like this one does, This has been a long road for me. The initial build was done with a remote mounted M90 from a supercoupe, it was a science project to say the least. But as time went on and I learned more about fabrication/tuning and how things work the project has evolved into what you see today.
besides if i wanted an LS motor I would just drive a chebby..... I am more likely to swap a 4cylinder diesel into a fox than an LS

Reactions: 3 users
@90sickfox
No sarcasm, only puzzlement. After reading the OP reply I understand that I have just met an artist. I know this because only an artist would throw themselves into something like this without trepidation when simpler paths to going fast are available. Artists are awesome to know but terrible to do business with :)

@a91what
I'm pleased to make your acquaintance. May I ask you what your MBTI is? If you don't know your MBTI personality type, you can Google up a free test (~20 minutes) to discover it. I've only read your posts and examined your work but I'd put money that only two things motivate anyone to do things like this. One is unbridled passion for the art of making things work and the other is for the intellectual challenge. If the latter, I suspect you're an xNTJ and if the former, you're probably its psychological complement. Either way, you would be the guy to talk to when I finally sort out my revised air intake routing ideas for my SVO :)

Reactions: 1 user
@90sickfox
When an MBTI parameter is under 10%, I give it an "x" designation because it's close enough to flip given changes in circumstances/environmental conditions. I'm glad you guys got a kick out of discovering your core personas :)

I have a way less ambitious mod idea for stock SVO's but I need to know how much space is under the inter-cooler as it sits in the engine bay to see if its possible..

We are officially running on MAF!

that was probably the simplest install ever, given it is not tuned yet but it started the first turn of the key.

Now i did have an issue with the fuel math done by the REQ. FUEL i had to cut the number in half for things to make sense. This may have something to do with the settings i have for the semi-sequential injection. but it was easy to figure out.

also you cant use MAP for the idle activation settings ect. you must setup a fuel load gauge [maf load] for the settings values.

Reactions: 3 users