Build Thread Enola- Finishing touches

• Sponsors (?)

We are officially running on MAF!

that was probably the simplest install ever, given it is not tuned yet but it started the first turn of the key.

Now i did have an issue with the fuel math done by the REQ. FUEL i had to cut the number in half for things to make sense. This may have something to do with the settings i have for the semi-sequential injection. but it was easy to figure out.

also you cant use MAP for the idle activation settings ect. you must setup a fuel load gauge [maf load] for the settings values.

It looks like that MAF Curve was spot on then :D

Reactions: 1 user
Haven't really been following the tuning sessions y'all were doing because it was over my head. But, for the last several years I have heard speed density preached over maf, so why the switch back?

BTW, awesome job on the build. I may not comment, but I do follow along.

Joe

Haven't really been following the tuning sessions y'all were doing because it was over my head. But, for the last several years I have heard speed density preached over maf, so why the switch back?

BTW, awesome job on the build. I may not comment, but I do follow along.

Joe
I decided to go MAF this time because i could... technically speaking the car is actually tuned both ways... MAF only affects the fuel table in this tune. I have tuned dozens of SD cars and wanted to see how MAF would turn out.

Yeah , if you're confident adjustment and pushrod length are correct could be nature of the beast.
I pulled the driver valve cover as it requires no disassembly, found a few that needed a 1/4 turn.. also one rocker was hitting the valve cover, so a little love with a file took care of that. Now the noise moved to the passenger side... oh well gonna have to bite the bullet and pull it apart.

Yell,.... well it runs,...A small adjustment is just gonna have to be the lesser of two evils. I think it's amazing that you did all that stuff, and it works. ( you gotta know I'm be holding, you're one of two of us that does this kinda sht)

Well i got the valves all adjusted and i must say things are much less noisy under the hood.... I let the car warm up and strapped the go pro to my head in an attempt to get some video driving the car. Right up until the point that i tried to put it into gear, it wont go into gear with the car running..... Go figure..

I stood there thinking to myself that exhaust is going to be screaming hot, nope not happening today.. I went inside and watched a movie with the wife instead. Needless to say i might get the clutch adjusted in the morning and drive it around the block before i head off to work or just sit on my laurels and drink coffee.

Yell,.... well it runs,...A small adjustment is just gonna have to be the lesser of two evils. I think it's amazing that you did all that stuff, and it works. ( you gotta know I'm be holding, you're one of two of us that does this kinda sht)
Thanks Mike, I don't think I have to say it but it was not easy to do. Of course until I put some miles on it I wont know for sure if i got it right or not.

Sooo i took the car for its first trip around the block, I must say she runs excellent!!
I cant believe the MAF setup and megasquirt work so well together, My largest fuel discrepancy was only 7% on the first drive. If you dont know.... that really close for a base tune. I am very happy, I can let the clutch out in first and the car will just start moving on its own without surging or bucking... I had it idling at 450rpm this afternoon....

Did some searching and on the HP tuners site alot of guys say the HP is fairly close to the MAF g/sec.
on an engine dyno a PD blower engine usually makes (MAF g/sec)*(1.1) at the flywheel.
this rough estimate says i have 380hp at the flywheel or 326 at the tire.
This seems like a fun way to guestimate HP.

Reactions: 5 users