Build Thread Enola- Finishing touches

• Sponsors (?)

on the way home I saw a total of 11psi.. at 5500 RPM..

This is the same amount i saw with the E303 cam and a smaller crank pulley. What this means is that the cam is either bleeding off a bit of boost with the small 4* of overlap it has OR this combo is more efficient... I hope it is the latter.

Smh... damn man !!! That really sucks

People are so damn stupid. 9qts ? That's really bad my friend. I wouldn't sell it, though.

If anything get an engine support bar and drop the subframe so you can pull the pan and check the bearings. It may not be as bad as it looks.

I've had vehicles in the shop that had audible knocks. Dropped the plan and installed new bearings and the vehicles lived for years and many more miles.

We'd all be fuming mad right now, too.

Smh... damn man !!! That really sucks

People are so damn stupid. 9qts ? That's really bad my friend. I wouldn't sell it, though.

If anything get an engine support bar and drop the subframe so you can pull the pan and check the bearings. It may not be as bad as it looks.

I've had vehicles in the shop that had audible knocks. Dropped the plan and installed new bearings and the vehicles lived for years and many more miles.

We'd all be fuming mad right now, too.
Not sure that method will fly on an engine I plan to beat on.... willing to try though. I suppose as long as the crank is not damaged i should be fine.

Reactions: 1 user
Are you going back to the oil change place to show them?
i wouldn't, only because I 'd pour the oil on the lobby floor to show them the metal shavings.
#bailbondsman

can't believe I did that stupid hashtag thing but it seemed appropriate
or funny
definitely appropriately funny

Reactions: 2 users
Ok,..firstly, sorry this happened to you..id be pissed . But I gotta ask.
How long have you been running the engine since that oil change? What clued you in to suspect something was wrong?
( these two are gonna seem harsh, but I gotta ask)
Didn't they show you the dipstick after they changed it for you? (The express oil changes here are mandated to do that)
And lastly,..
Why are you letting an oil change center do something as simple ( and as detrimental) as change your oil?

How did you cut that filter open, cause it looks like you used a cut off wheel, and if you did, that would've filled that filter with a ton of sht just by cutting it open.
You'll have a difficult time proving that they added that much now that it's drained out. I hope you can though. Clearly, it's on them.

I think that you should take it up with them, but they have probably got processes in place to protect themselves from a claim like this...

That is definitely not pretty, and I've got the same process coming up ahead of me,...only if I find metal in my oil,...there's nobody to blame but me.
( and even if I do, I'm gonna refill it, and run it another cycle,...then do it again, and again until something starts making more noise than what's already making noise currently)

Last edited:
Ok,..firstly, sorry this happened to you..id be pissed . But I gotta ask.
How long have you been running the engine since that oil change? What clued you in to suspect something was wrong?
( these two are gonna seem harsh, but I gotta ask)
Didn't they show you the dipstick after they changed it for you? The express oil changes here are mandated to do that)
And lastly,..
Why are you letting an oil change center do something as simple ( and as detrimental) as change your oil?

You'll have a difficult time proving that they added that much now that it's drained out. I hope you can though. Clearly, it's on them.
1. not very long, I drove it around that day and looked at the log.
2.low oil pressure in the datalog, no audible issues i could tell you. If i had not seen the datalog numbers for oil pressure i would have driven it to work today.
3.No, they do not have to show me the dipstick
4. I used to work there and know the owner, I figured with 2 floor managers it should be hard to :leghump: it up.