Build Thread Enola- Finishing touches

Outside working on things right now, few snags but I was able to work through them. The first issue the sensor didn't line up perfectly but after flipping it over and slightly modifying it I got the sensor gap I wanted.
20180526_143615.jpg

Usually the timing pointer is on the opposite side of the sensor, the trigger wheel ended up very tight to the cover.
20180526_144940.jpg

Nice shot of the sensor in relation to the wheel.
20180526_144955.jpg

You can see how tight the wheel is to the timing cover.

Reactions: 2 users
  • Sponsors (?)

We are officially in mockup now, the intake manifold, adapter and blower all have tape between the so there is no dust contamination while I work on some of the pieces.
I am going to be doing a fuel system upgrade (rails, regulator, feed and return lines to the rails ect.) I need the rails before I can proceed with the new blower inlet. The general idea is to make it where the car has one functional TB and the setup is clean/organized looking. I need to hash out where the wmeth nozzle(s) will be located, I have some reservations about the cross drilled plate idea @Noobz347 and i dreamed up. A spacer with the nozzles in it would be the best option IMO however it would raise the blower into the hood.
Aside from that I will be able to work on a new accessory mount for the passenger side, it will only need to accommodate the alternator but I have a few ideas to add belt stability.
In the current photos you can see a silver crank pulley, this is the stock pulley, I am hoping it will slow the blower down enough to only make 7-8 psi. I am hoping we can make more power with less boost/timing..

Now for what you actually care about. Pikturez
20180527_130515.jpg
20180527_133943.jpg
20180527_134028.jpg
20180527_134039.jpg
20180527_134231.jpg

I am open to ideas for the inlet.

Reactions: 1 users
It would be nice to be able to get the inlet to come over above the pass valve cover. Throttle body could be over there with a 180 behind it. Then you could ruin the intake tube wherever you want...

And.... make a cool sheet metal cover to cover the engine....with the top of the blower sticking out.

It would be nice to be able to get the inlet to come over above the pass valve cover. Throttle body could be over there with a 180 behind it. Then you could ruin the intake tube wherever you want...

And.... make a cool sheet metal cover to cover the engine....with the top of the blower sticking out.
I like the first idea, simple yet effective.

Not quite sure by what you mean by cover for the engine? Can you elaborate?

Reactions: 1 user
With the power of 3D print editor i will attempt to show you what i think may be a good beginning to my new inlet idea. First we must move the IAT sensor location so it is no longer in the way I hate having to fight with things.
20180527_212754.jpg

I know this location is not ideal in terms of air flow but it cant be any worse than the #5 runner location on the stock intake.
20180527_212745.jpg

I am thinking that with the amount of room my new design will give me that the coil packs can easily be mounted on the back of the engine out of the way and possibly even hidden if i do an 'engine cover' so to speak. TBD.....
20180527_134231.jpg

behold my lame paint skillz. Inlet option #1 very basic may need to be adjusted some based on what the fuel rails need for space.

20180527_134231-1.jpg

drawing things with a mouse is really hard. The dimensions are off but you get the idea, this one is lightning style.

What say ye gents?

Last edited:
I like the first one.... the lightening style may cause hood clearance issues.

The first is also the simplest to fabricate.

Ha. So you get where I'm coming from with the engine cover. I don't think the SC should be covered ( i really like the look ).... but like you said they can help clean up any unsightly things.

Moving the IAT will get a littler more room. That area seems like it will also habe the most heat soak..... shouldn't bee hard for you to tune around...MS Man.

Edit ; Cant wait to see those fuel rails. Great work as always ; applauds

Last edited:
With the power of 3D print editor i will attempt to show you what i think may be a good beginning to my new inlet idea. First we must move the IAT sensor location so it is no longer in the way I hate having to fight with things.
20180527_212754.jpg

I know this location is not ideal in terms of air flow but it cant be any worse than the #5 runner location on the stock intake.
20180527_212745.jpg

I am thinking that with the amount of room my new design will give me that the coil packs can easily be mounted on the back of the engine out of the way and possibly even hidden if i do an 'engine cover' so to speak. TBD.....
20180527_134231.jpg

behold my lame paint skillz. Inlet option #1 very basic may need to be adjusted some based on what the fuel rails need for space.

20180527_134231-1.jpg

drawing things with a mouse is really hard. The dimensions are off but you get the idea, this one is lightning style.

What say ye gents?
I say that looks like a red and blue penis.
* edit*
Firstly, why use such a big assed IAT sensor in the first place? The ecu is calibrated around GM sensors, (which I'm using) and mine is about half that size.

Nextly,.....

Make it simple on yourself. A straight tube that is curved at the entry point (so you'd order a 3" J bend from Summit) with the TB at the end will be simpler and easier to make than the Shlong-O-ram you've pictured as an option. Anytime you're merging two tubes together, you're gonna have to be way more meticulous welding, and finishing the thing (If you care about how it looks that is).

Last edited:
90sickfox I like the first one.... the lightening style may cause hood clearance issues.

There is no clearance issues above the blower, in fact thats where i have the most space. I have about 5" above the blower.

Ha. So you get where I'm coming from with the engine cover. I don't think the SC should be covered ( i really like the look ).... but like you said they can help clean up any unsightly things.

Moving the IAT will get a littler more room. That area seems like it will also habe the most heat soak..... shouldn't bee hard for you to tune around...MS Man.

Cant wait to see those fuel rails. Greasy work as always ; applauds
Thanks! I am happy with the way things are coming along this time. I still need to order the rails The ones i want are not in stock:(
CarMichael Angelo- I say that looks like a red and blue penis.
* edit*
Firstly, why use such a big assed IAT sensor in the first place? The ecu is calibrated around GM sensors, (which I'm using) and mine is about half that size.
The ecu is calibrated around whatever the :leghump: i tell it to be. ;) I used this one because its new, matches my harness and i had it already.
Nextly,.....

Make it simple on yourself. A straight tube that is curved at the entry point (so you'd order a 3" J bend from Summit) with the TB at the end will be simpler and easier to make than the Shlong-O-ram you've pictured as an option. Anytime you're merging two tubes together, you're gonna have to be way more meticulous welding, and finishing the thing (If you care about how it looks that is)
Well of course I care about how it looks, this time around it is about function AND form. I can probably use the 3" j bend you mentioned but i think that would take up all the clearance i have behind the blower. If I use up all that space then i cant very well fit the coil packs back there can I?

I suppose i will need to find some dimensions for this j tube so measurements can be taken.

I am going to set the valve covers on it just to see what they look like but I dont think chrome is going to cut it.....
Totally off topic, but are you thinking black to match the blower or are you planning on painting that too? Gray and black would look pretty sweet I think. Keep up the awesome work man, it's looking really great!

Totally off topic, but are you thinking black to match the blower or are you planning on painting that too? Gray and black would look pretty sweet I think. Keep up the awesome work man, it's looking really great!
Blower Is staying black, the fuel rails will be black along with the fuel lines (maybe the nylon stuff is e85 safe lasts longer from what I hear). Not sure if black valve covers will be too much, the accessories will be mostly black so kind of holding off for now.

I like the idea of a oval mandrel bend to round 90* to the throttle body. It would be like the factory set up making so you don't have the throttle linkage issues you had before. It would be easily serviceable too

I like the idea of a oval mandrel bend to round 90* to the throttle body. It would be like the factory set up making so you don't have the throttle linkage issues you had before. It would be easily serviceable too
Agreed, I have two 3" mandrel 90* bends in the bin under my work bench. I think I will put a small scrap piece of 3" pipe in the vice and squeeze it down to oval to see how close it is to the blower opening. I may need to make a oval to square transition plate out of aluminum.
The stitching of pipes can be tigged then smeared with jb smoothed and painted. Some wrinkle black would cover up any imperfections.

and the T bolts need to be gone...

Earth calling Steve.....Come-in Steve.....The 20th century called and wants those wing nut thingy's back.
You and that Raj guy.......Next thing you know you'll be putting a stuffed animal on your engine, and have three empty one gallon rectangular containers in your trunk that read: Water, Oil, Fuel.:rolleyes:

Last edited: