Build Thread Enola- Finishing touches

• Sponsors (?)

I will move the injector if/when the blower comes off to rule that out.
On the list of things to do is also rechecking all the wiring and adding a foil shield around all of the ignition control harness. Should be simple enough and I will let it bleed off on the control module side just to rule that out.
Another round of spark plugs and a can of compression I figure what the he'll can't hurt to try it now.

After the shop has been built I have the ok to build a 347 with custom cam my blower setup and the gt40 heads that are on the engine now..... can't wait

Reactions: 2 users
unless one of you guys wants to buy my monstrosity of a blower setup...... then i can pull a @CarMichael Angelo and order one of those aussie 4.0 inline sixers... big turbo:drool:

word on the street one of these things stock untouched at all with just 12psi and supporting mods can/will make over 500 at the tire all day
It is the I-6 cylinder version of a Coyote after all..

Steve want.

realistically what would one of those cost i wonder? if it is comparable to a full rebuild on what i currently have it will become an option.

My wife suggested putting a regular intake back on the engine and loading the old tune, then selling the car and blower setup separately.. Or parting the whole car out and putting that money tward my goal of a ratrod or factory5... :nonono: Why dont women understand that we NEED a project car to work on. I just got the interior and stereo the way that i want them and she wants me to sell the damn car.

I am getting some mixed messages lol
sell car
part car out
buy new project car
rebuild the engine and keep car
:shrug:

Reactions: 1 user
I kinda remember you wanting to sell said car a year or so ago.....
Lol
When does the blower come off?
No she likes imports, a 240sx, supra, s2000, mini, volkswagon, or even an old jag with an engine swap would make her giddy.

Anything @xecute posted in mikes thread would do wonderfully in her eyes. I just happen to like square body foxes.:shrug:

Progress is slow so far I have acquired an engine to start over with. Sometime next week I will drop it off at the machine shop to see If the cylinders clean up. If they do my project moves forward, I will be using the stock crank, rods and ordering a set of DSS e series forged pistons. I want to run gapless ring but can't bring myself to spend that much money on a set, so I am looking for a ductile iron ring set with no Molly facing. Molly will blow off the ring face under detonation... so no go. Bearings will be handled by Kings bearings, I called there tech line and was surprised when they told me that the standard si bearing set would suit my needs without worry. The center mounted thrust bearing has alot to do with that assessment apparently.

That's all I have so far, waiting to remove the blower until the engine is ready for the swap, still need to be able to move the car around for now.

• Informative
Reactions: 3 users