Build Thread Enola- Finishing touches

• Sponsors (?)

To step back onto the progress train....

I found a bad solder joint at both coil packs on the 12v feed. The solder and shrink tubes I used of that color failed a pull test on every connection. I have replaced them with mechanical splices and shrink tube.

With it all back together I did a test start. It runs well(ish) now..... go figure..... probably my problem the whole friggin time:fuss:

I need to fuel at idle it's lean, very lean 16afr lean... looks like it may need more timing as well or I may need to check the timing to be sure we still have advance. 18* may not be enough at idle the headers were all starting to glow, that usually means it needs more timing.

Those tests will have to wait, the wife is calling.
this is the first time you've started this combo isn't it?... For some reason ( not including the fuel puddling event) I thought that it was already running before..

So then....where's the " It runs!!!!" Exuberance?. The " I can't freakin believe it, but it runs" small tear in the eye, pride of accomplishment that comes from knowing that you've done something that NOBODY else here could do thread?

What the hell is wrong with you?

this is the first time you've started this combo isn't it?... For some reason ( not including the fuel puddling event) I thought that it was already running before..

So then....where's the " It runs!!!!" Exuberance?. The " I can't freakin believe it, but it runs" small tear in the eye, pride of accomplishment that comes from knowing that you've done something that NOBODY else here could do thread?

What the hell is wrong with you?
Nothing, that happened after I went back outside and brought the thing up to temp then set the idle increased the timing at idle to 21* added 3%fuel and grinned like a kid on Christmas as the car lumped away at 750 rpm.... ahh the success of getting a stock idle speed with a notoriously difficult cam.:D

Now I have to undo all that or load a messed up tune from a different car so I can do my tuning video.

Reactions: 1 user
Nothing, that happened after I went back outside and brought the thing up to temp then set the idle increased the timing at idle to 21* added 3%fuel and grinned like a kid on Christmas as the car lumped away at 750 rpm.... ahh the success of getting a stock idle speed with a notoriously difficult cam.:D

Now I have to undo all that or load a messed up tune from a different car so I can do my tuning video.
You can still do a tuning video of your first drive as you adjust fuel/timing as boost hits and review data. Throw some 1st gear, 2nd gear, 3rd gear smoke shows in there too for some PD entertainment :hail:

So what the heck are you going to do about traction now?

Not sure about the traction issue maybe just make sure the car is nice and straight before I step on the loud pedal???

I want to do the idle tune video so people can see the process I use to get the car to idle well. this seems to be the most difficult area to tune so a live view of the pc screen with sensor data then tune away.

Reactions: 1 users
Not sure about the traction issue maybe just make sure the car is nice and straight before I step on the loud pedal???

I want to do the idle tune video so people can see the process I use to get the car to idle well. this seems to be the most difficult area to tune so a live view of the pc screen with sensor data then tune away.

How about doing the " how NOT to lose control and hit a curb video"?

Reactions: 2 users
I could take care of that... Right after I fix this time that I hit a curb.:runaway:
All I know is that I've done mine...and I managed to stay pointing forward.:cool:

I was thinking about it though since you have irs under that car....did you ever get an all wheel alignment yet?
An out of alignment rear may be one factor to consider.

I have stood on the Monster pedal several times now,..and everytime I do it from a first gear roll, it's controllable..Things are different when you try it in second gear though,..the rear end definitely wants to walk out to the center line every time...Since this has always happened on a street ( with curbs) I lift when that starts to happen, but I wonder how bad sideways it would get if I just stayed in it and tried to steer through?

It'll be something I try in a deserted parking lot when Monster II: Electric Bugaloo, hits the streets. (in theaters soon.)

Reactions: 1 users
All I know is that I've done mine...and I managed to stay pointing forward.:cool:

I was thinking about it though since you have irs under that car....did you ever get an all wheel alignment yet?
An out of alignment rear may be one factor to consider.

I have stood on the Monster pedal several times now,..and everytime I do it from a first gear roll, it's controllable..Things are different when you try it in second gear though,..the rear end definitely wants to walk out to the center line every time...Since this has always happened on a street ( with curbs) I lift when that starts to happen, but I wonder how bad sideways it would get if I just stayed in it and tried to steer through?

It'll be something I try in a deserted parking lot when Monster II: Electric Bugaloo, hits the streets. (in theaters soon.)

I did an " old school " string alignment. Usually, I get it pretty close.

Today I will change the oil adjust the coilovers to get the ride height corrected and maybe even DRIVE THE CAR. Crazy right, I want to make a second pvc catch can for the passenger valve cover the driver side works great. The high pressure line for the power steering pump needs replaced as well, I have the line already just need to put it on the car.

I made a go pro hat. Video of the drive will be available.

Reactions: 2 users