Build Thread Enola- Finishing touches

Great question! Here is another picture to judge from.
20170924_121610.jpg
from here it looks like it will fit just fine, tomorrow after I run some errands I will install/try to install the thermostat housing. Now the real issue is how I am going to fit the ect and hose fittings for the heater hose.. and I need a spot for the temp gauge. I'm sure it will all work out.

The belt alignment looks like it's friggin spot on, finally I measured something right.
Just eyeballing here, but maybe leave that AC delete idler off and just go from the sc to the steering pump for more belt wrap? Doesn't look like there is much if left as is.

• Sponsors (?)

Just eyeballing here, but maybe leave that AC delete idler off and just go from the sc to the steering pump for more belt wrap? Doesn't look like there is much if left as is.
The idea is to figure out a way to make it work with AC.... I will most likely be adding a static idler just below the snout if possible. Or wrap the belt from the SC down to the water pump, only issue there is it reduces wrap on the crank pulley. Not a huge issue for now, first I need to make it run.

Reactions: 1 user
Got the thermostrat housing installed and figured out how to make the heater hose fit. I just need to make a run by the hardware store tomorrow for some 3/8 npt fittings.
I also figured out I can install the injectors without pulling the valve covers. Yay. I have yet to make it permanent, being able to remove the blower to work on stuff is nice.

Attachments

• 20170925_191533.jpg
    20170925_191533.jpg
    804.6 KB · Views: 195
Reactions: 2 users
Got the thermostrat housing installed and figured out how to make the heater hose fit. I just need to make a run by the hardware store tomorrow for some 3/8 npt fittings.
I also figured out I can install the injectors without pulling the valve covers. Yay. I have yet to make it permanent, being able to remove the blower to work on stuff is nice.
This makes me tight in the pants.

Enjoy being able to split that block at will

That's a shame about the lines. The explorer lines go down the back. The only issues are the regulator is in virtually the same spot and the lines connections ( one behind the passenger corner, and the other right at the drivers rear corner of the intake. It would entail moving the hard lines to the drivers side....or running the lines down the top of the bell housing.

They worked in my application...but I don't have headers and exhaust pipes to worry about.

However, this is prime time to build a custom fuel log set up. ;)

Well here's the squeeze everything technically fits all the lines are connected. However the fuel rail touches the passenger side cover under the regulator, this is slight and I'm not worried to much. The fuel lines are up against the valve cover and will rub and such with vibration. I'm not sure it's that big a deal I doubt an aluminum cover will rub a shell line through.

The smaller diameter hot water CPCV tubing makes a great shield for tubing and hoses. Do as 90sickfox has suggested and slit the tubing and then use a heat gun to make it flexible enough to make the bends and still hug the tubing close enough to make good shield around the tubing or hose that it covers.

Reactions: 1 user