Build Thread Enola- Finishing touches

• Sponsors (?)

I can finally get back into the "shop" to get something done. Today I decided to do more prep work, I don't want to start assembly only to be interrupted by a misstep. So I mocked things up and decided to cut a pocket into the plate so I can bolt the manifold and SC plate separately.
20170919_095840.jpg
doesn't look like much but should get the job done.

Then I painted the SC.
20170919_090142.jpg
nothing special just black. Figure I may as well... depending on how my meeting today goes (hopefully quickly) I can resume this tonight.

Reactions: 2 users
Pictures. Youguysdon'tcomehereto readthewordsanyway.

20170919_110539.jpg
making studs
20170919_112559.jpg
studs made. Tack welded the nuts to them to make install easier.
20170919_195047.jpg
mockup for the fuel rail, front crossover gone rail filled with water for welding. You can see I have one hold down made, still needs paint.works well.

Another day like today and I could possibly get the intake installed. However I still need to check the crank trigger for runout.

Reactions: 3 users
How the heck does this work? Like what kinda of trickery and wizardry does this involveI.

I think the part we're not seeing is the A2A after-cooler. That would explain why the MAF is positioned like it is. Needs belts, tube from MAF to TB, and whatever they're doing for the blower inlet filter. It doesn't make a ton of boost so bypass isn't really needed.

I don't really see another route that makes sense there except maybe filter to MAF to blower inlet to after-cooler to TB. That would be a lot of plumbing though. :shrug:

I think if I'd done that particular combo, I might have ditched the MAF and gone SD.

I think the part we're not seeing is the A2A after-cooler. That would explain why the MAF is positioned like it is. Needs belts, tube from MAF to TB, and whatever they're doing for the blower inlet filter. It doesn't make a ton of boost so bypass isn't really needed.

I don't really see another route that makes sense there except maybe filter to MAF to blower inlet to after-cooler to TB. That would be a lot of plumbing though. :shrug:

I think if I'd done that particular combo, I might have ditched the MAF and gone SD.
Lol this was my setup a lonnnngggg time ago noobz... before I started tuning and megasquirt builds... for the record that thing made 10psi at the manifold, 14 at the blower outlet. The bypass is necessary to keep temps in check and stop it from sounding like a fighter jet.

But again this picture is ancient news.

Lol this was my setup a lonnnngggg time ago noobz... before I started tuning and megasquirt builds... for the record that thing made 10psi at the manifold, 14 at the blower outlet. The bypass is necessary to keep temps in check and stop it from sounding like a fighter jet.

But again this picture is ancient news.

How was it plumbed?

The final was filter to maf around the engine to the TB on the blower inlet. Then from the blower down to the a2a up to the TB on the manifold..... it was a serious nightmare at first. But the damn thing drove like an oem when I had the final setup in the picture I posted above. Of course it has a over-tuned standalone.... I just can't leave things alone...

The TB were tandem, with one slightly larger than the other.

Reactions: 1 users
You have it installed? If so how do you like it?
Not installed yet. My meth injection is still sitting untouched on my work bench. I've been either too busy with work and kids to install it or driving the car a lot and not wanting any down time. There is very little driving season left so it most likely will be a winter install and Spring testing/tuning.

I have a short list of things to do on the car which currently the #1 item is better seats. My driver seat still has the gangster lean going on and worn out padding so I'd rather get me some S197 seats over fixing the stock worn out seats.

Reactions: 1 user
Not much to update I had 45mins to kill waiting for my FIL to come home from the VA...
I welded the crossover tube shut on the fuel rail and finished the hold downs.

The list is getting shorter...
Things still to do.
-install intake and blower
-flip valve covers
-Make coil pack bracket
-wire in coil harness
-wire the relay box (includes moving existing circuits to the box)
- install the entire meth system
-decide if MAF tuning or SD...
-find/buy a 80+mm tb....
-entire cooling system
There is a lot more in there I'm sure

Today I decided to do some pre install mockup. I don't want to engineer this thing while bending over the engine. So I bolted the whole intake together on the work bench minus the fuel rail. Here is how it looks.
20170921_202943.jpg
20170921_203005.jpg
20170921_202953.jpg
now im not sure the vacuum block will fit in that spot on final install I just figured I'd toss it on. I want to paint the elbow black to match the blower before final install. I need to grab the throttle cable bracket and make sure it fits as well.... I have a 90mm TB from a Nissan Q45 I may modify the linkage on and use... or this elbow accepts a TB from an LS engine it may be simpler to mod that. Either of these options will delete the iac..... anyone have a accufab TB lying around?:D

The fuel rail will require removing the valve covers to pull... But given the size of the blower and my need to use the hold downs to position the rails it couldn't be helped. I'm excited to see if my measurements are correct. I realllllly hope it all fits!:O_o:

Oh yeah I also need to tap the elbow for my meth nozzle.:nice:

Attachments

• 20170921_203038.jpg
    20170921_203038.jpg
    647.8 KB · Views: 101