Build Thread Enola- Finishing touches

• Sponsors (?)

Today I decided to do some pre install mockup. I don't want to engineer this thing while bending over the engine. So I bolted the whole intake together on the work bench minus the fuel rail. Here is how it looks.
20170921_202943.jpg
20170921_203005.jpg
20170921_202953.jpg
now im not sure the vacuum block will fit in that spot on final install I just figured I'd toss it on. I want to paint the elbow black to match the blower before final install. I need to grab the throttle cable bracket and make sure it fits as well.... I have a 90mm TB from a Nissan Q45 I may modify the linkage on and use... or this elbow accepts a TB from an LS engine it may be simpler to mod that. Either of these options will delete the iac..... anyone have a accufab TB lying around?:D

The fuel rail will require removing the valve covers to pull... But given the size of the blower and my need to use the hold downs to position the rails it couldn't be helped. I'm excited to see if my measurements are correct. I realllllly hope it all fits!:O_o:

Oh yeah I also need to tap the elbow for my meth nozzle.:nice:
So, that all clears your hood? It looks very cool though. NVM, Mike was faster than me.

20170921_202943-jpg.589638.jpg

There is no way in hell any of that is gonna fit under the hood.

I knew you'd eventually see it my way. :D

:rock: Hell yeah!!! Move the IAC to the back-side of the elbow (should be a cinch for you). Stick that bad boy right out through the hood, graft a tunnel ram to a 90mm Accufab throttle body and lay waste to a perfectly good set of tires. :rock:

Reactions: 1 users
Height is 12.75" measured from the bolt boss.
This is 2.2" taller than the last intake I was using after figuring in gaskets and such. That's a bit taller than I originally planned, we will see how it turns out.

Will stock style intake gaskets be ok or do I need to grab something special?

Reactions: 1 user
That looks huge, Steve. It would look sick sticking out of a stock hood. I'd like to see a stock hood cut up to hell with that thing sticking out of it.

I vote to leave the elbow natural. I think the blower and the elbow being black will cause it to look weird.

The vacuum block may be too close to the rear support for the hood. Looks really good though.

You amaze me with your badazzitry.... :nice:

I think that if it was mine, it'd all be black...i started out with contrasting colors, now I've only got two....

Black, and silver.

It might be cool all hanging out of the back of the hood,....looking all Little Shop of Horrors an sht.... saying

FEED ME SEYMOUR!!!

Reactions: 1 user
You could re work the hood a little. You need about a half inch of clearance.

I saw a guy use Pam cooking spray and a sheet pan with fiberglass laid in it to make a bump for his hood. I was shocked at how well it turned out. Wonder if you could do that with a Tupperware container. All you'd have to do is make it tall enough to be trimmed down to size and look.

You build some wild stuff...I know you've got this covered...

I really wanted to all sit under the hood. I just got done doing some serious measurements It's about a quarter inch to tall. Figures.....

I guess I will in fact be remaking the inlet.... again

/not happy:notnice:
Oh it's gonna be higher than that by the time you get your inlet piping plumbed in. Scoops are made to cover the need for holes in hoods..Cut a perfect clearanced hole for whatever sticks through the hood like the drag racers do for the same reason. If you don't like the thing popping it's eyes out of the water like some sort of swamp gator, find a scoop and be done with it.

Be a man! Stock, flat hoods are for wussies. Nothing says "I got somethin for that ass" more effectively than having "inny" parts hanging all kinds of outtie.

Last edited: