Fraternity's

SexyGT488

Aug 9, 2005
Chicago,IL
Well i was i wonderin if any of u guys r in a fraternity in college cuz im a freshman in college and arleady have been in a few parties and they really want to me pledge but im kind of skeptical on wat they promise once u rush

• Sponsors (?)

I had no intentions of joining one, but I met someone playing basketball, went to a party and that was all she wrote. Off course they will be extremely nice until you pledge, then they ride your a## until you become a brother. I have no regrets and couldn't imagine not doing it. I really liked the intra-fraternity competition with parties, athletics and various other competitions. Basically we partied and played sports, but also helped each other out with studies quite a bit.

Just make sure you are clear on the costs and that you can afford them. You can still do plenty of partying without joining a frat...but alot depends on the college. They are bigger at some colleges than others as far as the party scene.

All the advise I have, is watch for bull**** drama...you dont like him, he doesnt like your friend, your friend doesnt like her, whom doenst like your friend...etc...Kinda like high school. Not to sure how that plays out in frats, but it is FOR sure the case in sororities. Just make friends with some of the guys and have them invite you to the parties...best of both worlds. Personally, I always thought of them as "cult-like" with their weird rituals that can never be spoken of...JMHO though. But if you want to, go for it. They can be a lot of fun.

i never had to join anything...being on the Football team at U of Florida was a free pass to anything and everything...i was approached many times to join frats but i'm not a follower and don't play nice with others so i just decided never to do it. A few of my friends were in some and they liked it and the parties were always crazy. Most of those frat houses were dirty and just nasty so keep that in mind.

SexyGT488 said:
Well i was i wonderin if any of u guys r in a fraternity in college cuz im a freshman in college and arleady have been in a few parties and they really want to me pledge but im kind of skeptical on wat they promise once u rush
Not sure any would want you judging from how you speak and you were supposedly a high school graduate. Message board or not you can type like you have some grasp of the english language. That said get a beer bong and find Otter and Pinto. They will steer you in the right direction.

COramprat said:
Not sure any would want you judging from how you speak and you were supposedly a high school graduate. Message board or not you can type like you have some grasp of the english language. That said get a beer bong and find Otter and Pinto. They will steer you in the right direction.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

seriously though, is this a joke? The corps at a&m is my frat

Never interested me. I've been with friends who I saw what they went through when pledging. Let's just say having to put up with a roomate with alcohol poisoning at 3am is very scary....

I was asked to join a Fraternity this year. But I told them i'm not sure. I just don't feel like paying $50 a month to be in a "group."

Plus, i'm already in a good group.. Arkansas Show And Performace (car club).. And that works just fine for me :)

jasonh_86 said:
I was asked to join a Fraternity this year. But I told them i'm not sure. I just don't feel like paying $50 a month to be in a "group."

Plus, i'm already in a good group.. Arkansas Show And Performace (car club).. And that works just fine for me :)

Me too im also in a group already in the SoCal Mustangs (car club) and there is no fee :nice: to be in it

but screw that why would i want to pay just to hang out with people that are my so called friends or brothers :nono:

I agree its like paying for friends. Generally you will loose contact with all your other friends that arent in the house or in the greek system. Dont buy into all the crap they tell you either; things like being in a fraternity will help you get a job and look good on a resume...gag me... Just my .02 .

I have met very few cool fraternity brothers with my history in 2 different colleges and all the tools with no friends that were in my high school class that went to college are in a frat now and are completely different people...not saying that about all the people in them but thats just my opinion.

And they dont stop asking you to pledge whats the deal with that. Even though i can go to almost any party they put on anyway.

some kid asked me if I wanted to pledge. I thought to myself......after 4 years in the service, I'll be damned if I let a bunch of 19 year old punks try to make an ass out of me so I can pay to be a part of their little club.

thats just my feeling on it, after I seperated from the service. I can see why some decide to pledge, but at this stage of my life, its not for me.

Well im goin to NIU Northern Illinois Uniiversity the first night there tellin bout all the good times they have, how they competions on woh has the highest GPA , guarenteed a job out of college, and they also say its cheaper then livin in a dorm but idk thinkin bout alot i probably wont do it cuz its like all sounds like a bunch crap....I wish there was mustang club out here there is alot guys that go here with some nice Stangs