Mach 1 Fresh Mach 1...need some Mod advice!!!!

Blue04Mach1

Mar 30, 2007
Hey I just got a blue 2004 Mach 1, 5spd today! (9,500 miles!) I already made an appointment for Monday at the legendary CJ Pony Parts In PA to get a full exhuast system put on. I am getting a BBK H pipe, and catback exhaust. My questions are..if I get the H-pipe with the high-flow cat, rather than without cats, will it hurt my performance in any way and will it be a lot quieter? (I had an 89 5.0 GT with no cats and it sounded great but since this is newer and a different motor, it's a new story)...I want the car to be as loud as possible without being obnoxious and get the best possible performance. I prefer the sound to be more of a deep throaty rumbling sound like a helicopter =)....my next question is should I go with flowmaster catbacks or SLP loudmouth? My friend has a GT with a catless X pipe and SLP loudmouths its INSANELY loud, but it doesnt sound good....I'm confused!!!! :SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

i have an 03 mach with nothing but slp...x w/and resonaters...

my friends say it sounds hell of loud and when i let my friend drive it he said it sounds awsome in the cabin...

so im happy that i got slp...it would be way louder if it was manual drive...trust me!!!

o and even with the slp catted x...u might have problems like i had...and i got some mils and the light went away for a couple of weeks and then came back...

p.s i wish someone would have told me about this when i purshed my x

Will I lose performance if the check engine or something goes off or not be running right? I don't want to get only catbacks...but i definately dont want to ruin this car its only a 9,000 mile mach....