Fresh Mustang, Best products for a nice shine, and protectant.

Stang1118

Oct 16, 2009
Hey everyone, as you might have known from my previous posts, I was involved in a 4 vehicle wreck and of course, my car being the best one in the wreck, only one totaled. So I am going to purchase (hopefully if no one offers a better price) a 2003 Mustang GT Black convertible, Black top, with Tan leather interior. It is a 100th Centennial edition. I am going to fully detail it to take care of the interior as well as the exterior (of course). But today I came up to a new product that I can't remember if I have seen it before called IBIZ, It is a detail company that sells wax's etc. Personally I know a tiny bit I wouldn't say a lot about waxing and maintaining the outside for the perfect shine, and relentless water beading. I know Meguiars is probably the best out there, but I have also used Malco, 3M (the rubbing compound and the wax once), along with a bunch of Meguiars products, I was thinking of getting the Meguiars Professional series stuff, but I am wondering what everyone on here thinks. If you pick a certain brand, please list what products you use or recommend and the stages for a Full outside detail, as inside I am not too worried about I know some products I really like. Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Let me begin by saying that I don't know very much about professional detailing. Just an amateur hobbyist who has used several different (relatively cheap) products. Hopefully SRTHandz will chime in; he sure knows his stuff.

Here's what I have done.

1. Wash the car; I normally use Armor All car wash, without any wax in it. I recently got some Meguires car wash that I'm going to use next time I wash it.

2. Meguires Clay Bar Kit. This thing is absolutely amazing. Makes a huge difference in how smooth the car feels.

3. Meguires Cleaner Wax. This stuff helps get out some of the minor scratches and simply adds a layer of wax.

4. I then wash it again, just to make sure all the wax and/or clay material is off the car.

5. Meguires NXT 2.0 Tech Wax. This stuff is awesome. The car will literally dry itself off at about 45 miles per hour. And the shine is simply incredible.

That's my paint detail process. I do this 2-3 times a year, depending on how busy I am and how much the car needs it.

If I'm just cleaning the car up, I first just wash it. Then, before I dry it off, I mist it with Meguires Quik Detailer. I then dry the car normally. It leaves quite a nice shine.

Either I don't have many swirl marks, or it could be that they just don't show up much on a silver color. If you do, I think that you would polish the car between the clay bar and cleaner wax. I've never done that, so I have no advice to give on that.

For my windows, I use Armor-All glass cleaner, then 2 coats of Rain-X. Leaves a very nice shine, and we all know how well Rain-X works in rain.

For wheels, I use Armor-All wheel cleaner. I have a few times actually waxed my wheels with the Meguires Cleaner Wax; it definitely leaves a nice shine on chrome rims.

For tires, I clean them with Comet and a Brillo pad. I shine them using either Wet-n-Black or Armor-All tire foam. Both do about the same.

Best thing is, all of this stuff can be had for between $50-$75, and I haven't bought anything in a couple of years now, i.e. it lasts a while. I actually just found a kit in Target that had Meguires detailer, car wash, tire shine, NXT 2.0 Tech Wax, a wax applicator, and a car wash mitt type thing, for $5. I got three of em. :nice:

Which interior products do you use/like? All I've ever used is Armor-All, and it certainly isn't the greatest thing....

I highly recommend doing a claybar and then following it up with klasse all in one, followed bye 3-4 layers of klasse sealent glaze. This stuff is insanely good at protecting paint, and lasts anywhere from between 4-6 months and looks amazing. Top it off with a layer of a nice wax like P21S and you have a car that is going to shine like crazy! Klasse is expensive but it is very, very good.

If you are really interested in learning about detailing your car you can check out these sites. Autogeek.com, which can take you to autogeek.net for all your car care products and Autopia.org, a great car detailing forum. These guys will point you in the right direction.

^+1

In brief, I think pretty much any car wash will work well especially if you follow it up with a good clay bar kit. I enjoy using M105/205 combo as it brings the finish back to the smoothness it had as a new car but Idk if you wanna get into all of that. Check out http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/773711-detailing-guide.html. You'll get an idea of how much you want to detail the car. I would then recommend buying your stuff from We Are Car Care -- Car Wax, Car Polish, Auto Detailing Supplies, Car Buffers & Car Accessories Store or autopia. I use autogeek and have learned alot and I always recieve my products ahead of time:nice:

I use to own my own detailing business, and I still detail on the weekends. I highly recommend poorboys world products. Easy to use in sun or shade and very durable and versatile. Check out detailcity.org to learn about all your detailing needs!

srthandz uses chemical brothers stuff if im not mistaken, i think he really likes that stuff so you cant argue with that cause hes the detailing master around here...

+1. I use Chemical Guys Swirl and Scratch Remover, Green Clean, Window Cleaner, Liquid Leather, and Claybar & Luber Kit. For wax I use Harly Wax or Megs's Deep Crystal. For wash I use Meg's Deep Crystal and have been for years, but I may give Chemical Guys Citrus Wash a try as many people including srthandz swear by. Good luck.