Friend needs some advice

RiCeBuRnErGiRl

Apr 18, 2003
Ohio
So a friend of mine, has a 95 ricer civic... calls me this morning says he's looking at a 2000 mustang gt, 90k miles, black on black leather, beautiful car, its been babied for $5500... hes wondering if this sounds like a good deal or not.. i dont really know much about the 4.6ls, or how they run with this many miles on it... any advice would be appreciated

p.s. he says "even though his civic would destroy the mustang.. he's still always wanted one" :rlaugh:

• Sponsors (?)

That sounds like on hell of a deal to me... almost too good. I'd have it checked out. The last thing we want is someone as misled as your friend having a bad experience right off the bat with a bum car.

I agree. Thats a great deal and would make me think twice. But if it all checks out ok then i would hop on it.

And with mustangs...i dont know if you can believe the "being babied" its whole life. Unless its coming from an old grandma...even then she has a husband, sons, daughets, neices, nephews, etc that would all beat it up if they drove it. :lol: But ya know what, thats the point of a mustang...especially GT's and up, to beat them do death. They are a performance vehicle thats made to put a smile on your face!

yeah thats what i said sounded too good to be true but the guy said the only person that really drove it was his wife and they just bought 2 new cars and dont want to reinsure the car so he just wants rid of it so i unno

RiCeBuRnErGiRl said:
yeah thats what i said sounded too good to be true but the guy said the only person that really drove it was his wife and they just bought 2 new cars and dont want to reinsure the car so he just wants rid of it so i unno

If I was him, I'd just spend the money and get a mechanial inspection.

90k miles over a period of <6 years? that seems like kinda a lot. I mean, my car has a little over 100k and it's twice as old...

if you guys live in the middle of nowhere though... it could just be a fun trip car, that's why it's got the mileage.

sounds a little too good to be true.. but if not, hop on it!!!

donjohn said:
90k miles over a period of <6 years? that seems like kinda a lot. I mean, my car has a little over 100k and it's twice as old...

if you guys live in the middle of nowhere though... it could just be a fun trip car, that's why it's got the mileage.

sounds a little too good to be true.. but if not, hop on it!!!

The national average is something like 12k a year and if they owned it 6 years, could have bought it in 99. That is 15k a year, so its not that outrageous. Just have a trusted mechanic look it over.

actually the nat. avg is like 15k a year now from what I saw last year anyway. dealers though will look at you like you have the plague with a 2yr old car with 10k saying its low miles while they are selling a 1yr old car with 30k as a "low" miles auto:rlaugh:

I dont know the market for the 99+ is prob. realy hurting wright now with the 05+'s. a buddy had been tring to sell his 99 black on black (well dark grey leather) GT for 10k 2.5-3yrs ago and still cannot sell it with 50k. He had to sell his 66 fastback with a K code specd motor, top loader, and currie 9in because it wouldnt sell. He has a unfortunate family illness to deal with/help out with:(

Its not like our cars and fox's that have the newer style /5.0 that STILL is a selling/historic point to them. I just dont see the craze helping with the 4.6 2v (cept bullit) I mean the mod motor is still improving in its base form so why would they "stick" out for anyother reason than being the "slower" and "less developed" cars.