From Suspension To Drivetrain

HGFireHazard

Apr 10, 2005
Michigan
I decided that since I couldn't do the K-member and make up my mind entirely on the degree of suspension components that I wanted that I'm going to do my drivetrain instead.

I'm going to do a Fidanza aluminum flywheel, G-Force T-5 with upgraded forks, aluminum DS, 4.10 gears (?), and the misc. clutch cable/quadrant/adjuster, and speed calibrator.

The only thing I'm trying to certainly decide on now is what clutch. I've read good things about the Centerforce DF, what do those that have it think? In the next 3 years I am 90% sure I will have a 331 and be pushing a decent amount of hp, and I also want to rev the engine to about 6,500 to match the heads I want, AFR 185s, and I want my 331 to be internally balanced so the external weights were a huge incentive over purchasing another flywheel in a few years. Those were the main deciding points in choosing this flywheel.

One final question, I've been told many a times never to 'fear more gear', but if I'm pushing somewhere around 475 hp should I consider less gear? I was told the more gear the better for my centrifugal SC, but when do you start to compromise? Should I get the 4.10s now, try them with the stroker and if it's too much just 'downgrade' at that time?

Just looking for some opinions and a little confirmation on the parts listed, thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

bump...

Anyone have the G-Force T-5, do you like it, were you satisfied? Does someone recommend a clutch aside from the DF, something that isn't an on/off type like I've heard of on here before.

I've been reading something about design tolerances and dowels and I'm entirely unknowledgable about it. I intend on doing everything except for the gears myself, is there something more complicated involved that I havn't read about in the install guides?

Any input at all would help, thanks.