From the Best of Craigslist, an excellent rant about riceboys from a Mustang owner!

• Sponsors (?)

I like it HAHA!!

What is REALLY funny is when I have import boys doing that when I am in my little bastard. Not exactly a quiet car, those of you that know me/my car know why that is so rediculous. But I have ricers doing the rev by me routine all the time. Stupid fools.

I was cruising out of the parking lot at Larry's Brew Supply in Kent which is right next to 'Intec Racing' (which has a dyno, my respects to them) when a jackass is his Civic hatch came whipping out of the lot to follow me towards I-5. He must have been all jacked up on the V8 bashing import hysteria because he would drive right beside me in 2nd or 3rd (we were going 40 to 45 mph) with his little exhaust wailing away, revving, accelerating...

I gradually accelerated to around 55 or so going up the side of the hill, minding my own business, Civic boy waiting for me to make a move. He followed me onto I-5 and I accellerated away from him, very unceremoniously. And I did not even break the pace of traffic! Little bastard probably thought he was hangin'. "Once I get into the Vtec, I'll smoke that foo". That and he was probably of the notion that my car was an untuned 5.0 with an AODE (the way that Civic looked, an AODE, out of tune Mustang probably could have taken him).

These guys are like gnats, those little bugs that get in your eyes and in your nose when you're just walking along, minding your own business.

Cheers everyone,

JT

He must have been all jacked up on the V8 bashing import hysteria because he would drive right beside me in 2nd or 3rd (we were going 40 to 45 mph) with his little exhaust wailing away, revving, accelerating...

Thats funny. I hear this crap at work a lot. Most of the riceboys there put a CAI and a coffee can on their civic and bash the hell out of mustangs, and they love bashing on me. I invite them to woodburn all the time, and they always come up with an excuse. (And my car does crappy at the track, but will still beat most of theirs). The most common one is "I have a speaker box".

They come up to me and rev their motors all the time, especially down in Salem. I usually ignore them. Sometimes, if its safe enough, I'll romp on it real quick and fly ahead of em, especially since i got the 4.10s, its a pretty drastic launch. After that they usually stop.

As far as all out racing them, I dont think any of em are worth the danger of doin it on the street. I dont get pissed off like this guy obviously does, but its kind of funny to me.