Front Bumper Covers

Celeb

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Sep 8, 2002
Here and there
Anyone else go thru hell trying to get a front bumper cover to line up just right? I have loosened and retightened 4 times and it still isnt lined up right :fuss:

Straight front end and straight used OEM LX cover....any tricks? Just seems to hang maybe 1/8" low at the top but is even on the sides and bottom and my 118lb wife couldnt lift up enought when I tightened. Im like "Lift up more its not even" and she says "Im lifting as hard as I can, I hate this car" I think she broke a nail :rlaugh:

• Sponsors (?)

Anyone else go thru hell trying to get a front bumper cover to line up just right? I have loosened and retightened 4 times and it still isnt lined up right :fuss:

Straight front end and straight used OEM LX cover....any tricks? Just seems to hang maybe 1/8" low at the top but is even on the sides and bottom and my 118lb wife couldnt lift up enought when I tightened. Im like "Lift up more its not even" and she says "Im lifting as hard as I can, I hate this car" I think she broke a nail :rlaugh:

dont let her break to many nails! they make GREAT back scratchers! :D peace

john:p

Plastic bumper covers warp over time from heat & stress, that might be why it isn't perfect anymore. Aren't there some companies that got ahold to the original molds for replicas? If so, that might be a route to look into if you're overly worried about the bumper not completely lining up.

It's a Ford it's supposed to have miss matched panels :D. ever see how well the rear hatch lines up :eek:. It could be just from production some fit better than others, mine has a factory front cover and the sides line up great but the tops are a little low, I just live with it :shrug:.