Front bumper install... Difficult???

2003_GT

Nov 5, 2008
Santa Fe, NM
I am going to remove and replace my front bumper on my 03 GT, i never done this before so i wanted to know if it was difficult to do, steps would be helpfull along with some pics PLEASE, i also want to know what tools i might need and anything else i might need to buy to hold and keep the bumper in place and stuff like that

Thanks in advance to everybody :SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

it's pretty straight foward, pull the headlights, remove the screws that hold the the two vertical post the the header panel, then pull the fender liner out slightly to gain acess to the two nuts that secure the bumper to the side of the car. underneath there may be a few plastic push-pins.

i did it by myself, but it's best to have an extra set of hands to help lower it

The two right under the hood next to the grille, you need to be careful when you're pushing and pulling those around. They can break very easily if you're no watching what you're doing. Also on the sides of the bumper right under the fender dont there are 2 bolts on each side. When you go to put it back on do not over-tighten them at all as they will break all and you will have a slight problem.