Front Crank Seal?

Ethereal Zer0

Founding Member
Sep 26, 2002
Everett, WA
Damn oil leak sprang out of nowhere! It's leaking from the front crank seal, anyone know how to replace the seal? Can i just drop the oil pan and have at it? Also, is it a one piece seal or two piece? Thanks for the help guys!

• Sponsors (?)

The front crank seal is a one piece seal. You must remove the balancer in order to replace it. I had to remove my electric fan as well, but I have a larger blower pulley. I just pulled the fan, the overflow bottle and mount, removed the belt, yanked the crank pulley, and then removed the balancer. You can remove the seal with a screwdriver and pliers. A very large socket or piece of pipe makes installing the new seal very simple.

The Ford part number for the seal is: E6DZ-6700-A.

S/CBlack95GT said:
The front crank seal is a one piece seal. You must remove the balancer in order to replace it. I had to remove my electric fan as well, but I have a larger blower pulley. I just pulled the fan, the overflow bottle and mount, removed the belt, yanked the crank pulley, and then removed the balancer. You can remove the seal with a screwdriver and pliers. A very large socket or piece of pipe makes installing the new seal very simple.

The Ford part number for the seal is: E6DZ-6700-A.
Bah! I just had the balancer changed out lol. Alrighty, thanks for the advice!