Front End Rebuild--Made in China?

michael1

Jul 11, 2007
Getting ready to do the whole works, springs, ball joints, etc. but before I begin, are the parts the vintage Mustang parts places sell any good and does the quality vary from one vendor to another? I've had mixed results, depending on the item.

For example, a wheel cylinder from a 'vintage' parts house is made in China, sells for $20+ so I buy the Raybestos for $10.18 locally. Now getting down to springs and lower arms, I'm left with little choice. But are there agreed-upon better quality parts available from some of the national dealers? And what would you recommend avoiding?

Thanks for any tips and info!

• Sponsors (?)

As long as I'm just getting my Cat on the road for my teen-age daughter (from whom I'm absolutely willing to ****** (probably should have said "take" to beat the censors) the keys; I'll look at parts from anybody as long as they are OEM or better. When I "get the car back" from her, though; it's "StDr's Mid-Life Crisis Project", and I'm seriously considering some tubular control-arms from GW or somebody of that class that sells stuff for the big Stangs and Cougs.

I guess, at the end of the day, it all depends on what you're going to do with it. Personally, I'll look at whomever still sells Moog ball-joints and stuff in their kits fror a "stock rebuild". Some of their stuff is now imported; but they actually do try to maintain their QC standards.....