Front pump seal on '06 GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden1

Jan 31, 2013
I could use some advice. I have a stock '06 GT vert with 30k miles. Brought it into dealership for 30k service and they said i have a small tranny leak (automatic transmission). They showed me with the car on a lift and there was some tranny fluid on the bottom of the bellhousing, but I've NEVER seen anything puddle under the car. I've been keeping an eye on it for about a month and it stills looks to have a leak, but it still don't see anything on the ground. They said I need to replace the front pump seal. I'm afraid if i do that it may open up a can of worms, and I've also read other posts about some kind of overflow from this transmission. Leak seems to be small. The only weird thing I've noticed with the tranny is occasionally when I put it into reverse it will take a couple of seconds to engage and do it with a clunking sound, but it doesn't happen that often. Any advice is appreciated!

• Sponsors (?)

I could use some advice. I have a stock '06 GT vert with 30k miles. Brought it into dealership for 30k service and they said i have a small tranny leak (automatic transmission). They showed me with the car on a lift and there was some tranny fluid on the bottom of the bellhousing, but I've NEVER seen anything puddle under the car. I've been keeping an eye on it for about a month and it stills looks to have a leak, but it still don't see anything on the ground. They said I need to replace the front pump seal. I'm afraid if i do that it may open up a can of worms, and I've also read other posts about some kind of overflow from this transmission. Leak seems to be small. The only weird thing I've noticed with the tranny is occasionally when I put it into reverse it will take a couple of seconds to engage and do it with a clunking sound, but it doesn't happen that often. Any advice is appreciated!
Easy enough to see if you have a leak. Buy a can of brake cleaner and spray it down under there and let it drip off. Wipe it if you can. Check and fill the transmission per the owners manual or dipstick instructions. Then drive it a few days and inspect for leaks. Park it over a piece of card board. If it truly is the front seal you will need to pull the transmission to replace it. You won't be opening up a can of worms. Its just a seal. As for the delayed engagement in reverse, make sure the fluid level is full. Contact your dealer and ask them to run a check for service bulletins pertaining to that problem. Chances are there is a fix or electronic calibration change related to this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.