Front srpings, etc...

ras50gt

Oct 25, 2005
I have front bbk lowering springs, new kyb struts and new bbk caster/camber plate kit sitting in my garage(sitting there for over a year). I have already lowered the rear but never got around to doing the front end. I have today and tomorrow off so I was thinking about installing those parts. I will be moving into an apartment by the end of june and won't have a garage to store the parts or do any work on my car for 6 months while finishing college. Anyways, I'm kinda wondering if I will be able to finish the install within the rest of today and tmrw? How long does it take you guys? I figure if im doing the springs, I might as well do the struts and caster/camber kit also. Not sure if I should just wait and install everything when I graduate in 6 months.

If I do start today, what is the best way(easiest and or time efffective way) to install front lowering springs? Should I go ahead and do the struts,etc while im at it? I also have a bump steer kit but that seems like it takes more effort to install with drilling,etc.

Only other thing is, does anyone have the bkk caster/camber kit? Is it a good kit? Don't really like the blue anodized part of it but I see these kits are more expensive now than when i bought mine. Can the blue anodized part be painted over?

From what I have heard the bbk kit is a good set up. SO, main thing.... Whats the best way to install these items as far as jacking the car up and unbolting things, etc. How long does it typically take? How hard is it? Thanks!!!

• Sponsors (?)

I JUST SWITCHED MY FRONT BACK TO THE STOCK SPRINGS FROM BBK -1.5 SPRINGS IT IS GOING TO TAKE YOU ATLEAST 6 HOURS TO DO IT YOU WILL HAVE TO REMOVE EVERYTHING FROM BOTH SIDES EXCEPT THE BRAKE CALIPER AND LOWER CONTROL ARM BUT UNBOLT THE SWAY BAR END LINK AND DO THE STRUT FIRST THEN INSTALL THE SPRING

Why did you switch back to stock springs? Yea, I think I'm going to wait till I have more time to do the entire front end. Going to focus on selling the 67 stang this week...