Suspension Front strut options (paired with coilovers)

WTFoxbody

May 4, 2019
my new-to-me 1992 vert has coilovers (175lbs viking springs - no name on the coilovers themselves) on the front and back, paired with lakewood struts. i'm not exactly sure the lakewood flavor but the ride isn't super desirable for my daily driver needs. the coilovers are fine but i'm looking for replacement front struts. for a compatible strut (from lmr), it looks like my least expensive option would be koni adjustable yellows. i'm sure these are nice but beyond what i'm looking to spend. are there any other options available that would work with my coilovers? i've got a tubular k-member and a-arms so i cannot go back to factory springs.

• Sponsors (?)

I just bought (waiting for them to arrive) the Bilstein kit from LMR. I did read somewhere that the SVE ones are not very good, so maybe steer clear of those. The Konis are probably your best bet for the money. Raceland makes a set as well that is affordable, but I've heard some good and also some bad about them. Strange 10 way struts may be a possibility. Check those out too.

Keep in mind that coil over kits tend to be specific to a brand of strut. Your current coil overs may not work with, say, bilstiens.

Need to identify what brand/model coil overs you have and what struts they are compatible with