FRPP 5-lug kit questions

John Ryder

Mar 14, 2010
I have just about finished up my 5-lug conversion using the FRPP kit and have a few questions/concerns on the last half of the work.

I plan on having a gear change, rear-end rebuild, and upgrade to 31-spline at a local shop and I am confused on what axle shafts I need to buy. I know the stock length was 29 3/16" and the kit uses 29 31/32".

Do I have to buy the 94-95 length axle shafts of can I use the shorter 87-93?

I have a feeling I know the answer but haven't found the answer I am looking for yet.

I figure they used the longer AS's for a reason but I have a friend who has brand new, unused, shafts that I could buy cheap since his car was totaled before he installed them.

Thanks to any help

• Sponsors (?)

I have just about finished up my 5-lug conversion using the FRPP kit and have a few questions/concerns on the last half of the work.

I plan on having a gear change, rear-end rebuild, and upgrade to 31-spline at a local shop and I am confused on what axle shafts I need to buy. I know the stock length was 29 3/16" and the kit uses 29 31/32".

Do I have to buy the 94-95 length axle shafts of can I use the shorter 87-93?

I have a feeling I know the answer but haven't found the answer I am looking for yet.

I figure they used the longer AS's for a reason but I have a friend who has brand new, unused, shafts that I could buy cheap since his car was totaled before he installed them.

Thanks to any help

The kit uses the 29 31/32" axles for proper brake rotor fitment, you must use those when going to 31 spline assuming you got the disc conversion