FRPP 70 MM throttle body

madmatt

Ellis Juan sympathizer
Founding Member
Dec 28, 2002
Lexington, SC
Hey yall, I have one of these throttle bodies in the mail headed my way, and I just want to know yalls thoughts on the best plenum to go with for this throttle body and just your thoughts on the throttle body itself. Got it for a steal so couldnt pass it up.

• Sponsors (?)

Hope it was a steal, cause I've heard these FRPP TBs barely measure bigger than the OEM one. Anyway, the best, IMO, is the Accufab (it's also the most expensive!). 2nd choice would be the C&L.
Any of them come within a HP or two of each other, which you'll never feel by the SOTP or see on your timeslip.

twogts4us said:
Hope it was a steal, cause I've heard these FRPP TBs barely measure bigger than the OEM one. Anyway, the best, IMO, is the Accufab (it's also the most expensive!). 2nd choice would be the C&L.
Any of them come within a HP or two of each other, which you'll never feel by the SOTP or see on your timeslip.

Mine was 70mm on the dot. I haven't heard of any measuring under that.

twogts4us said:
Don't reply with what you heard. Go with what you know when giving advise. The 70mm is just that...70mm. Not much bigger than the stock 65mm but there is a difference. I measured when I purchased mine. I have a Trickflow plenium for mine. The HP gain with the others is minute so I went with price. I actually bought my TB and plenum used so I saved some cash. You can find good deals on plenums in the classifieds.

I put the 75mm Accufab combo on mine, dont know wich part did wich, but I can hear it, pretty sure I feel it too.

Price wise over performance, try C&L they are fairly cheap, over all DYNO PROVEN Accufab is the best, even if its only by 1 or 2 ponies

A comparison I saw (no where near detailed as the modular depot or whoever did the comparison thats in the sticky) used an 03 Cobra and Accufab still outperformed the Dragon, but the Dragon WAS 2nd and once again it was fractions of ponies. I think the Dragon had the most consistant gains throught the RPM range though