FRPP Lowering Springs. Any Opinions?

5o5speed

Aug 9, 2004
Does any one have anything to say, good or bad, about the Ford lowering springs? (They are alot cheaper than other springs on the market) How much would they lower a 91 GT? I currently have H&R Sepersports on my car and it is rubbing badly so I'm hoping that some Ford springs won't lower it as much. Here is a picture of my car.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 349
  • Sponsors (?)

i agree. thats a nice stance

i have fms springs in the front with 18's, and i had to get eibachs in the rear to even out the difference. had 1/2" gap in the front, and over 2 1/2" in the rear :eek:

what is the advertised drop on the h&r springs? i believe fms will give you about 3/4" front, and 1/2" rear drop

88SC_GT said:
i agree. thats a nice stance

i have fms springs in the front with 18's, and i had to get eibachs in the rear to even out the difference. had 1/2" gap in the front, and over 2 1/2" in the rear :eek:

what is the advertised drop on the h&r springs? i believe fms will give you about 3/4" front, and 1/2" rear drop

Maximum Motorsorts Advertises the drop of H&R's as 1.25 inch in the front and 1.0 in the rear. However, I think they droped my car more than that. My main concern is the front because you can't roll the fender if you are rubbing.

When shocks wear they sag....so that could be the problem. Your car does have a nice stance! I had a civic (i know sacraligious) that had adjustable coil -overs. When the shock started to go there was nothing I Could do to stop the rubbing. Even at full lift on the spring it still rubbed. I would upgrade the shocks, even if it doesn't fix the problem you still get much better handling.

5o5speed said:
Does any one have anything to say, good or bad, about the Ford lowering springs? (They are alot cheaper than other springs on the market) How much would they lower a 91 GT? I currently have H&R Sepersports on my car and it is rubbing badly so I'm hoping that some Ford springs won't lower it as much. Here is a picture of my car.

Not to change the subject, but those wheels look soooo sweet! :nice:

FMS B springs here...Love em...C's are a little harsher-firmer IMHO...

New shocks "might" help some, but when they wear your right back where you started...Remember the car sits on the springs and thats were the ride height comes from...The shocks are there to dampen the body bounce on the springs...Think about it...

No matter who says what... Shocks and or struts DO NOT control ride height. The shocks/struts WILL NOT sag and make the car sit lower then normal. They WILL cause the spring to compress more then normal and cause a rub over bumps or potholes because the bound of the shock is not there anymore, cause the spring to compress more.

Nick