FRPP Thermostat housing and bypass hose leak

86T-Top

Founding Member
Jun 29, 2001
Dublin, PA
I installed a FRPP chrome thermostat housing, now I can't get my bypass hose to seal at the housing properly. It seems as if the fitting for the bypass port on the FRPP housing is smaller in diameter than the stock housing's bypass port. I've tried 2 different hoses from different part houses, different house clamps, and I have even tried 2 clamps at once all with no luck. The leak that I get is very small, but it is there. Anyone have this problem, anyone know of a hose with a smaller diameter on the housing end?

Thanks,

Mario

• Sponsors (?)

Maybe you could try some silicone sealer applied to the housing and hose. LEt it cure for 24 hrs and see if that does it. Don't use too much sealer - you don't want a chunk coming off and roaming around in your cooling passages/water pump. Little would be fine.

I tried the silicone sealer around the hose and let it set up over night, but it didn't work. I guess I am going to have to pull the chrome off the fitting, how did you guys go about doing that? Did you sand it off or did you use a chemical? Thanks for the help, glad to know I am not the only one with this stupid problem.

Mario