FS #6600 ...engines out! (pics)

right now I'm waiting on my timing chain set. I'll probably go ahead tonight and install the engine, bellhousing, clutch, driveshaft and complete the exhaust. That way all I have to do tomorrow is install the timing chain set, degree in the cam, then install my intake etc.
On the suspension, I still am waiting on my struts, if they are not in by wedensday, then I'll install my stock front struts....and go with what I have.
thanks for the kind words 25th! Hopefully, (like i said before) it will run 12.99 or better.......and from there get better. Its definetly gonna be fun playing around with another mustang.....my first "race anything" in about 5-6 years! So I'm sure it will be fun.
Thanks
Jack

• Sponsors (?)

Just a few tips (a bit late now but I figure it'll be handy for searchers in the future) with regards to Engine bays, sound proofing removal, and unwanted holes:

1. Cleaning the engine bay - a few cans of the cheapest de-greaser you can find, combined with a pressure sprayer, or ideally a steam cleaner will get 95% of it off, in a very short time.

2. Soundproofing - if you want to minimise how much you chip out, hit it with liquid Nitrogen, it causes the material to shrink so much that it breaks the glue free underneath it and comes off in big pieces with no effort at all.

3. Unwanted holes - once the surface has been cleaned perfectly, use circles of steel tape to cover the holes, which will all but vanish when you re-spray the area. This means no welding to add weight, no bog, etc.

anyway, cool project dude, more pics!

Oh i know why I stopped racing. Its called twins! one boy and one girl! lol try $135 a week for formula and diapers......reckon that will change your lifestyle? :)

thanks for the tips monsterbishi.

well the timing chain is in, the struts are in and my other tire (once lost by UPS) has been replaced and is in. So basically tonight it's time to go to work!

I'll post up many pictures including many from bradenton within the week. My digital camera holds up to 256 pictures at a time. I'll be carrying my lap top with me to the track and will upload pictures from Bradenton thru the weekend. I'll have my 11 year old and 6 year old sons taking pictures all weekend. Friday night at hooter's (burnout contest) and everything.
thanks
Jack

Thanks!
its hard to say. Time wise i started tearing it down in december. Hopefully it will be fully functional by thursday afternoon. Time will tell.

money wise....I hate to even think about it. Actually its not the advertised $30,000 that most people make it out to be to build a Factory Stock car. Of course I bought many used parts off ebay, mustang forums and such.
I'll try to do a cost breakdown and put it on my website. I can think of $5000 off the top of my head that I have invested.
engine used explorer $700 (sold upper intake for $100 = $600)
trans = $1100
headers $200
heads $1300 including new valves, multi angle valve job, valvesprings,retainers,locks,milling the heads, screw in studs, guide plates, etc
roller rockers $150
rear tires = $285
front tires = $70
complete set of monocoques used (remaned from bogart) 15 x 3 and 15 x 9's $850
fuel pump $100
suspension $1300
race fuel $270

all i can think of in the spur of the moment!
Jack

SHE LIVES!!!!

well although we're running behind schedule, we fired up FS #6600 tonight at around 10:00p.m..........we still have a lot to do but if everything goes well we will pull out heading to Bradenton tomorrow afternoon! nearly 16 hours later than we initially expected too.
Wish us luck....
Jack

thanks Rick!
although we fired it off last night we still have a ton to do before pulling out.
radiator, hoses, bleed brakes, install cowl cover, setup rear end (southsides replements), one tail pipe clearance issue, install console, install shifter handle, install driveshaft loop. and a few other items that add's up when time is short!
I'll be taking my lap top and will try to load pictures tonight, tomorrow night and sunday.
take care all.....
Jack