FS: Close Ratio Topload 4sp setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

66warhorse

Jul 11, 2005
I've got a RUG-AG Toploader transmission for sale. It's a 28 spline Close Ratio. It's in very good condition and was working flawlessly when I pulled it. My pressure plate went out and I'm converting to a T5. This Toploader was rebuilt by the PO of this car and had new bearing and blocking rings put in. I pulled it and opened it up for a leak and replaced the tail-shaft bushing when I was chasing a drive-train vibration. The Hurst Competition Plus shifter is in great condition and I've added the steel bushing kit for the shift levers. The rear seal is also new. When I had it open, I mounted the shifter and adjusted the rods and shifter stops so the shift forks stopped at the natural center (sweet spot). I never had any shifting issues with it. I also added the tail shaft vent which helped with some of the leaking out of the top cover vent hole.

I've got a standard bell housing and shift fork as you can see in the pictures. It's in perfect shape also. I'm planning a hydraulic setup on the new T5, so the Z-bar and chassis pivot is part of the kit. As you can see, I've improved the Z-bar with 3 rod-end bearings and an threaded aluminum rod to go through the firewall. There's also a block plate.

Setup also includes a Hays 22-630 billet aluminum flywheel. It is used and could really use a new friction surface, but they are only about $65.

There's also some other miscellaneous small items that I can throw in like: clutch fork boot, z-bar firewall linkage boot.

I'll take $1100 for the whole package plus shipping.

Send me an email at [email protected] if interested.

I posted this back in December and never got it sold and then had some crazy family issues, so I'm trying again. I also have the new T-5 and I need to pay for that. I'll be using the box my T-5 came in so shipping should work ok.

Thanks,
Warren

See pictures of all this and more here:
http://www.pbase.com/longman41/for_sale

View attachment 315611

• Sponsors (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.