Fuel filler neck?

Hi everryone , i got motor mounts and exhaust done . need auxillary tank fix. I pulled tank, has crack thats fixable but filler necks have some good rust .Has anybody found replacement filler neck or adaptable filler neck and fuel hose. i have been looking at 1970 mustang necks and 2 1/4 id fuel hose ant thoughts ?

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

You're talking about the neck from the quarter into the auxiliary tank, right? I'm not sure what would or could work from another car to be honest, I was able to reuse mine after a thorough cleaning. It's been almost a lifetime since I've had it out so I don't remember what the actual shape is anymore if it's not straight. But I'd guess that you might be able to make one work from another car of that vintage if you can find one. As for the connecting hoses, I was kinda forced to reuse what I had, I couldn't find anything at that time. I haven't bothered looking since then since I haven't had any problems, so I can't answer that one at all. I'd say if you need a replacement you may have the best luck contacting one of the parts vendors that are on Facebook like Phil Schmidt.

Welcome new friend
I did a 73 filler and the write up is in my thread here under 2blue2's driveway party.
Used a tank seal from Classic auto Reproductions.
Had to modify the filler a bit and did away with the accessory tank.
Napa had the right hose in stock, make sure its rated for gas and not just air handling or it will melt and leak.
Have a look at it and keep us posted, post some pics, and put a like on anybody's stuff that helps .
Welcome aboard.

RMfun4t+SU2Ocuafa3%VYw.jpg miemF8o8SryR6k18vKJZfQ.jpg npty1lgzRiGazAKawt8OkA.jpg 7pVTQXl6RdikRvQhVX3emw.jpg Een6eSpyT52spOhS3l64dA.jpg

We want to see pics of your car please.

Reactions: 3 users
Hi everryone , i got motor mounts and exhaust done . need auxillary tank fix. I pulled tank, has crack thats fixable but filler necks have some good rust .Has anybody found replacement filler neck or adapta ble filler neck and fuel hose. i have been looking at 1970 mustang necks and 2 1/4 id fuel hose ant thoughts ?

You're talking about the neck from the quarter into the auxiliary tank, right? I'm not sure what would or could work from another car to be honest, I was able to reuse mine after a thorough cleaning. It's been https://solitaire.onl/ almost a lifetime since I've had it out so I don't remember what the actual shape is anymore if it's not straight. But I'd guess that you might be able to make one work from anoth https://9apps.ooo/er car of that vintage if you can find one. As for the connecting hoses, I was kinda forced to reuse what I had, I couldn't find anything at that time. I haven't bothered looking since then since I haven't had any problems, so I can't answer that one at all. I'd say if you need a replacement you may have the best luck contacting one of the parts vendors that are on Facebook like Phil Schmidt.

Reactions: 1 user