fuel line clips

89' RICE COOKER said:
so do both the fitting's have a round white plastic thing in them? or just the one with the hair pin connector? :shrug:

Now that I forget but I will guess at "Yes", since that white plastic part has a grove for a O-ring. It's late but if I remember I'll post it. Also if you got a manual you may can find this in it, I'm to lazy to hunt my books down. Sorry :)

• Sponsors (?)

i just got done replacing the o-rings and connecting the lines. The rings were actually pretty easy but, They Are Still Leaking! how could this be? iv'e got new rings, new clips, the lines are in good shape. the one leaking is the one with the hair pin connector. looks like im gonna have a fun day off.

Is there anyway around these connectors and clips. there has got to be a better way than ford thought of (there always is). i understand they are high pressure but why cant i just cut the platic part of the hose off and just clamp it real tight on the lines? is there a real reason they use these connectors? seems more logical to me. :shrug:

89' RICE COOKER said:
i just got done replacing the o-rings and connecting the lines. The rings were actually pretty easy but, They Are Still Leaking! how could this be? iv'e got new rings, new clips, the lines are in good shape. the one leaking is the one with the hair pin connector. looks like im gonna have a fun day off.

They maybe two rings in each connector but I can't remember. I would be positive that I got the O-rings set right and the you got the lines pop on tight. The duck bill connector should make a clicking sound once you pop it into place. The hair pin is pretty simple...make sure that pin goes through the connector in between the groves on the fuel rail. Also keep in mind you need to replace these clips each time you pull a fuel line off. If one gets damaged during removel you don't want it back on the fuel rail so it can fail going down the road.

Now I did have one line that no matter what leaked like crazy and luckly it was that pice with the little can attached to it. I already had an extra one and installed it with new O-rings.

89' RICE COOKER said:
Is there anyway around these connectors and clips. there has got to be a better way than ford thought of (there always is). i understand they are high pressure but

Theres not a real cheap safe way around these fititngs I don't believe. Joe Morgan just made a new fuel rail for these motors that would allow you to swpa over to AN fittings. But the fuel rail I think is like 100.00 - 200.00 bux and than you still have to replace the rest of the line I think.

89' RICE COOKER said:
why cant i just cut the platic part of the hose off and just clamp it real tight on the lines? is there a real reason they use these connectors? seems more logical to me. :shrug:

This is not a safe way of doing your fuel lines on these motors. The clamps could cut a hole in the fuel line or come loose over time causing a serious fire.

i've checked the connections about 4-5 times. i replaced all 4 of the o-rings (two on each). the leak seems to be coming from where the plastic connector goes into the rubber hose. so i think i've got some bad hoses (also there is fuel running all down the hoses from the top where they connect to the rail). does anyone have some hoses that they would like to get rid of? ford doesn't make them anymore. How do i get these hoses off? :shrug:

89' RICE COOKER said:
i've checked the connections about 4-5 times. i replaced all 4 of the o-rings (two on each). the leak seems to be coming from where the plastic connector goes into the rubber hose. so i think i've got some bad hoses (also there is fuel running all down the hoses from the top where they connect to the rail). does anyone have some hoses that they would like to get rid of? ford doesn't make them anymore. How do i get these hoses off? :shrug:

The horse shoe connectors are easy to get off, you use a sharp edge item to pop it up with. They make a simple tool for the duck bill one that maybe the only way to remove it with. The tool is cheap and the part number should be on my web site also...pg 19

Things to check for:

* Did you make sure the O-rings can handle fuel? The wrong rubber O-rings can be eat up by gasoline.

* Did you use the right size O-ring?

* Did the Duck bill make a clicking sound when attached to the fuel rail?

* Is the horse shoe connector in between the two rings on the fuel rail connection side?

All we can do now is pray ;) I know it took me a few days to get my dang fuel leak fixed :(

i got the rings from AZ, they are fuel o-rings (brown ones)
i've checked all the connections. they don't leak
the leak is coming from where the connector fits in the rubber hose.
here i used your pic...
i know how to get the hoses off the lines. but how do you get the hoses off the fuel rail?

Attachments

• 573381_54.jpg
    573381_54.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 80
89' RICE COOKER said:
i got the rings from AZ, they are fuel o-rings (brown ones)
i've checked all the connections. they don't leak
the leak is coming from where the connector fits in the rubber hose.
here i used your pic...

ummm...not shore anymore on this one.

89' RICE COOKER said:
i know how to get the hoses off the lines. but how do you get the hoses off the fuel rail?

Once you got the clips off you should be able to pull the hoses off one at a time gentaly twisting it back and forth.