Fuel Line Problem HELP

gearheadboy

15 Year Member
Jan 15, 2003
Greencastle Pa
I have an 88 GT. The intake has been changed and in the process someone added rubber fuel hose to the area between the fuel rail and the frame rail on the passenger side. Its just clamped on with hose clamps..yuck. So I pulled it off to see what I had to work with and it appears they cut the factory plastic line right about where it meets the metal line on the frame and slid a rubber hose over it. Any idea how to repair this without replacing all of the lines? Is there some GOOD way to connect a union or something to the metal line ir the plastic line (I think there is like 2" left). I dont like the compression fitting idea much. Does russels or someone have a compression type fitting for this area? Basically on the supply line they cut off the quick connect I think. HELP. [email protected]

• Sponsors (?)

Honestly if they chopped it up that much, i would just change the whole line.
Those lines should be pretty cheap in the junkyard, i've almost never seen one taken from a car.

Yeah..I know thats what I should do...they are a pain in the keister to get off. If you look at the fuel lines on the passenger front frame rail they are metal and then turn down and convert to plastic. They left like 2 or 3 inches of plastic and cut the lines going to the engine off. They then ran rubber (like 3feet of it for some reason) to the fuel rail. It goes clear down and wraps around the sway bar. What an idiot. I bought this car because it had a ton of speed parts on it and the body was decent but this guy was no mechanic..lol

Honestly a clean straight body is the most important thing.
If you do the mechanical work yourself labor is free and parts are cheap.
Paint and body work costs a ton.

I know they are a PITA to pull, i removed all my old lines like a month back, but it was on a lift which eased my pain.