Fuel mpg and range

I know alot of people who are having problems with their gas mileage and they are all sorts of cars ranginf from a blazer to honda civic. I think the gas is different somehow because of the price of crude oil going over 60 bucks a barrel!

• Sponsors (?)

my driving is about 70-80% city driving. so i usually get around 20 +/- mpg.
once time when i drove to ny and i was doin about 80 all the way i was about 180 Miles in liek half a tank

Chythar said:
From the factory, Ford reported the V6 at about 18mpg city/23mpg highway. That should be fairly close from 94-04. I've gotten 27mpg on a long freeway trip and maintaining a constant speed (i.e., very little acceleration). Everyone's mpg will vary, because we've all got different driving styles. I average about 19mpg, but I hit 20mpg now and then. Since I'm doing better than stock, I'm happy.

wha?? my sticker says 20/29. And I've been able to hit 30+ before.

I Just did a 60K Tuneup on my V6 put in a CAI and cleaned the Fuel Injection SYS, it seems like the GAS Mileage is better now......I am going to Las Vegas this Sunday ( about 300+miles from me ) and will TEST the MPG (will try to keep it under 80MPH :) can`t promise though :spot: )

b52yellow said:
Yeah, MPG sucks, I just filled my tank the other day and the TRIP reads less than 90 Miles and the Gas points at a bit over Half tank CTY/HGWY combined.......maybe I`ll do a Tune up as well, something`s really wrong-haven`t pushed the pedal at all , + 65-70 Mph on the Freeway and it still sucks for a V6 Auto......... I got the car a year ago and haven`t done any Tune ups (44K a year ago, almost 69K Today) maybe I`ll do a 30K service to it..........

I Just did a 60K Tuneup on my V6 put in a CAI and cleaned the Fuel Injection SYS, it seems like the GAS Mileage is better now......I am going to Las Vegas this Sunday ( about 300+miles from me ) and will TEST the MPG (will try to keep it under 80MPH can`t promise though )

My car gets about 22 city and about 29 highway, and that was with the car running rich because the computer was stuck in loop mode since i had no thermostat installed in my car but installed a thermostat and it stopped that so i expect to see about 25 city and a bout 32 or so highway so ill let you guys know. :D

Doing city driving lately has gotten me between 19-23mpg. A few months ago, coming down to TX from PA, doing 70, no AC, and no stopping got me 37 mpg, though. Generally, 29-31 all highway (and a little faster) makes me happy, tho. It seems as though my car is not happy in the hot and humid Houston weather...

-Justin

Mav2199 said:
I was just wondering what kind of miles per gallon and range in miles you were all getting with your V6 Stangs. I know I'm lucky if if I get 250 miles out of one tank while the fuel needle points to empty. My car used to be a lot better but lately it seems like I go through the gas faster and faster with less miles traveled. Any suggestions to try and improve gas mileage would be welcome and appreciated.

mav

Thats a good question...I own a 05 stang V6 and i've been buying BP Ultra..and I took a trip up from ft. lauderdale to st. augustine..(thats about 3 1/2 to 4 hour..) and I had to fill up once...now in the city i drive to and from work...thats about 17miles one way..i average every 2 weeks for a fill up..so its a good mpg ratio w/ the BP ultra....but that's my opinion...but here's the actually numbers..

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/findacar.htm

I just had my plugs replaced, prior to that I was getting HORRIBLE mileage. Now, I am sitting on exactly half a tank and my mileage says 270. Mostly highway, but some city in there too.