Fuel pressure loss; possible damage? Need input!

ozanracing

Nov 28, 2006
Hey I had a question about any damage that may have happened to my motor.
I was getting on it in 3rd, tires were slipping and the back end statred to slowly rotate. So I got off the gas, then back on it so I wouldn't spin out. Then the motor cut out. If felt like the coil-plug wire popped off, it was pretty sudden. Not like the motor supttered to a stop, just turned off like a lightswitch. I looked at the fuel-rail-mounted fuel pressure gauge and it was reading 21psi. Cycled the ignition on and off to try to build pressure. Nothing. Started the motor for a second, (literaly ONE second) and determined it was a fuel pump issue. Got it towed home (yesterday) and today I went to inspect. Dropped the tank and found one of the wires going to the fuel pump came off... So I put it back togeather and took it for a drive. Feels fine...Wondering though if the sudden cut-out of fuel may have done any damage? What do you guys think?
Like I said, feels fast as usual....But MAYBE a tad slower? I disconnected the battery so the computer may need time to re-adjust but....It's probibaly all in my head, and the car is probibally just as fast as ever. If there was any damage done, what should I look for? THANKS :SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

With lake of fuel pressure you would possibly have gone lean. This could burn a hole in a piston (that being said usally a power adder is needed to that kinda damage) or burn an exhaust valve. Do a compression test. Odds are there was no damage if it was only for a short period of time.