Fuel Pressure Regulator

SuperDust22

The Power of Pixie Dust?!
Oct 19, 2003
Gilbert,AZ
I have my upper and lower intake out right now and I am going to go pick up a Aeromotive Fuel Pressure Regulator. Is there any thing I need to know when installing? Are they hard at all? And how much psi should I run? What is the stock psi as well?

• Sponsors (?)

I would not buy the Aeromotive... they are prone to leakage... (Ask me how I know)... A better choice would be the Kirbin, since it is rebuildable, and usually around $10 less than the Aeromotive...

Stock FP is around 36-39 psi with the vacuum line off... So I would start at 38PSI (vaccum off), then experiment from their....

Killer95Stang said:
I would not buy the Aeromotive... they are prone to leakage... (Ask me how I know)... A better choice would be the Kirbin, since it is rebuildable, and usually around $10 less than the Aeromotive...

Stock FP is around 36-39 psi with the vacuum line off... So I would start at 38PSI (vaccum off), then experiment from their....
Damn i bought an aeromotive i hope it lasts for a while. Anyway after i did my Intake, headers, and O/R X i was running very very lean(read:15:1) in the upper rpms so i got mine i started at 38 and i how have it at 42 along with my fuel pump gave me a sweet 13.7:1 almost all the way through my dyno run.

The only reason I bring up the problem with the Aeromotives is... because when I called originally, the tech guys swore up and down it couldn't be leaking... and said it must be the check ball in the fuel pump (I was loosing pressure in the rail too fast).... So I changed out a perfectly good pump, and still had the same problem... well.. a month later, plagued with having to prime the pump twice to get the car to start, and really needing the car because my girlfriend was in the hospital.. it really started leaking.. I could smell the gas fumes.. and then I opened the hood, and gas was bubbling out top of the fpr.. so I had to borrow a car to see my girlfriend.. when I got back, I pulled the fpr, and fuel poured out of the hose barb fitting.. (damm)... so I called them back up, and explained what he told me before, and how it was 100% positively leaking, and he told me it wasn't aeromotives fault... it was the fault of the gas companies adding all those chemicals in CA to make the EPA nazi's happy... He specifically blamed Chevron gas with Techron...lol.. and also said they have a new design which he sell me giving me credit for my old one.. and me still paying $90.00.. I was like F-you... If I have to pay that much, I'll buy a Kirbin.. and he said, well send it back and we'll change the diaphram for free, but only once.. those fockers won't even stand by their own product... and its not like its something that is potentially dangerous like a leaking fuel onto a hot engine..

Sorry about my rant...

My Aeromotive blew up after 1000 miles. They said to send it back in for a rebuild. I said, "What the hell for? So it can blow up in another 1000 miles!??!" The tech didnt have an answer for that. I have $25,000 in my car, about 100 hours of labor, and a cheaply engineered 100 dollar FPR about burnt it to the ground. I was lucky I caught the leakage when I did. I told the tech at Aeromotive that they need to get a Kirban regulator and copy it because theirs is worthless. :bs:

If my car did get burnt up b/c of their FPR, I would enjoy their court appointed "donation" so I could build up another stang!!!

I've ran an Aeromotive for about 2 years now, and over the summer I was having problems starting the car. I noticed on my fuel pressure gauge that I wasn't holding any pressure. I changed back to my stock regulator and problem was fixed. I called Aeromotive, they told me that the diaphram was probably bad due to the new gas additives the companies are using. I haven't sent it in for replacement yet, I think I'll just get a Kirban.

:bs:

See what I mean... Are those guys at Aeromotive retarded... or did they just have a terrible design of a regulator... I'm guessing its the design, since all the millions of stock cars with stock fuel pressure regulators don't have leaking problems with CA gas... F- Aeromotive!!!